• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
um do post get reseted?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaiaxzero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quote
O_o i was just looking at my post and it said 1 before o_O but i did more then 1 in fact i did alot O_O why does it say 1 just curious....
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Mabye one of the staff deleted a post. Personally, I have a tendency to delete posts that I find useless or non-contributing to a thread. For instance, if you just say "I like this series. It's really cool!" in a thread that has a lot of detailed discussion, you're not helping or impressing anyone with your knowledge or fandom. It's all a part of the rules:

Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

Just try to be more careful in the future.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quote
That, and your grammar is utterly unintelligible. Numbers do not replace words, nor do single letters. Your spelling is to the point that it's hard to tell what word you're even trying to use, and have you not heard of sentences? Your posts are not even readable half the time, and must improve immediately, otherwise more posts are going to disappear for being disruptive to the forums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gaiaxzero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
That, and your grammar is utterly unintelligible. Numbers do not replace words, nor do single letters. Your spelling is to the point that it's hard to tell what word you're even trying to use, and have you not heard of sentences? Your posts are not even readable half the time, and must improve immediately, otherwise more posts are going to disappear for being disruptive to the forums.

um all i ask was a question not to be insulted by you if u dont like my grammer then dont read it, and if you are so smart u wont have any problems figuring out my gammer smart ass......
p.s. seems like now a days mods seem to think of them selve as high and mighty and think they have the right to inuslt people who are just asking question, i did not ask to be inuslted, i just wanted to ask a question, i have always respected people comments, grammer, and there opinions, but it seems that mod do not feel the same way. seriously get off your high horse. unintelligible grammer oh please, moderator maybe should be rename to ignorant asshole..... now u can lock this torrent cause i do not need to explain myself or my grammer to you...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
gaiaxzero wrote:
One very long run on sentence.

Listen those are the rules of the forum, either you agree to clean up your grammar or leave. The Mods didn't make the rules, their job is to enforce them. And if you have a problem with how the mods are treating you I suggest that you take it up here.
gaiaxzero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
gaiaxzero wrote:
One very long run on sentence.

Listen those are the rules of the forum, either you agree to clean up your grammar or leave. The Mods didn't make the rules, their job is to enforce them. And if you have a problem with how the mods are treating you I suggest that you take it up here.

clean up my grammer, jesus christ, just becuase in stead of "you", i write "u" or instead of "are" i write " r " is a problem issue, omg for god sakes. ok you know what i will do it so, "so call smart people" dont have a hard time straining there brains. LMAO what a joke this is.... please lock this post im so sick of explaining, and hearing rubbish....
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quote
gaiaxzero wrote:
clean up my grammer, jesus christ, just becuase in stead of "you", i write "u" or instead of "are" i write " r " is a problem issue, omg for god sakes.

Run-on sentence, failed to capitalize the first letter in the sentence, did not capitalize a proper name, mispelled "instead," placed a comma outside of the quotation marks, did not capitalize "I" when referring to self, redundant language ("problem issue"), improper use of phrase (it's "God's sake"), and that's not even everything you did wrong here. It's not simply your stupid internet-isms.

gaiaxzero wrote:
ok you know what i will do it so, "so call smart people" don't have a hard time straining there brains. LMAO what a joke this is.... please lock this post im so sick of explaining, and hearing rubbish....

You haven't explained anything. You've just bitched at us, claimed I was being insulting when I was simply telling you how the rules worked, and started getting all uppity when we refused to let you get away with typing like an idiot.

gaiaxzero wrote:
if u don't like my grammer then don't read it,

Not the point. The point is it's a rule around here to type legibly, and you are not above the rules.

gaiaxzero wrote:
and if you are so smart u wont have any problems figuring out my gammer smart ass......

Still not the point. The English language is a method of clear communication, not a puzzle game. I shouldn't have to decipher your swill, and neither should anyone else on these forums.

gaiaxzero wrote:
p.s. seems like now a days mods seem to think of them selve as high and mighty and think they have the right to inuslt people who are just asking question,

"Nowadays?" You've barely been here a month, what place do you have to make comparisons of our past behavior compared to our current behavior? Now you're just speaking from broad, sweeping ignorance.

gaiaxzero wrote:
i did not ask to be inuslted,

And you weren't insulted. You asked what was wrong, and Tony and I told you in clear, precise language. If you think straightforward dialogue is insulting, then I suggest thickening your skin because you won't last long in the real world.

gaiaxzero wrote:
i have always respected people comments,

Clearly you haven't if this is the kind of attitude you throw at our feet when we simply tell you how things work around here.

gaiaxzero wrote:
now u can lock this torrent

..."thread," you addle-minded pirate.

Look, clearly you do not belong here. Go away. Thread gets the lock because we have nothing more to say to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1