• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing airing on The Action Channel

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:01 am Reply with quote
(url shortened -c)

for those with digital cable. bout time they got back to showing stuff worth a crap.

Last edited by v1cious on Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:08 am Reply with quote
and its a excellent dub also!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Very Happy I was getting of tired of Action channel always showing Akira and X: The Movie all the time.
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:48 pm Reply with quote
uhh I have digital cable what channel is the action channel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
betterjuice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:26 pm Reply with quote
The Action Channel (A movie premium channel) = Uncut.

Lucky me who has the Starz! Super Pack on my DirecTV satellite system. Action Channel (also Starz, Encore, WAM! Channel) showed Metropolis, Gunsmith Cats, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Blue Seed, Tekken: The Motion Picture, and Tokyo Babylon. Thanks Starz/Encore!

http://www.starzsuperpak.com/

-betterjuice
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:48 am Reply with quote
yea I just orderd it today for my digital cable, I cant wait to see hellsing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nagash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:51 am Reply with quote
It's official name is Encore Action Channel. I think the channel letters are ENCA, although I'm not sure. It's 203 where I live.
betterjuice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:28 am Reply with quote
nagash wrote:
It's official name is Encore Action Channel. I think the channel letters are ENCA, although I'm not sure. It's 203 where I live.

On my DTV system, it said "ACTN" on mine. ch. 532 for all DTV users.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, my Tivo also calls it ACTN.
I really seeing Dirty Pair Flash was supposed to be on there not too long ago, but maybe that was Showtime or somebody else, though. Wouldn't it be sweet if they had the Stars/Encore Anime Channel? Not necissarily Anime on demand - more like HBO or other pay movie channels. Just all kinds of anime movies and series all day long. sigh...
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I also have a DTV system, and I have had the STARZ Superpack since they began "AniMidnight" (The official title of the block for anime). They have a lot of good stuff, but seem to only repeate the worse of it. Gunsmith Cats was a fav of mine, as was BubbleGum Crisis (both of them) and I did like Tokyo Babylon, but most of the movies were'nt that great. There was Akira, but who hasn't seen that? I never really liked X because it felt lacking in so many departments. Demon City Shinjuku is utter crap as is Odeo. Tekken was just a fighting movie with little plot, etc. etc. etc. I wasn't able to watch a whole lot of Bue Seed.

So THANK GOD they picked up another series. It seems to me that they pick series well and movies not so well. I've already seen the first two DVD's of Hellsing and I know I love this show, so no surprises this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1