• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Billy Kametz Passes Away at 35

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Cancer [expletive] sucks. I just donated to the colon cancer foundation his gofund me page linked. It feels like the only thing I can do.

I cried knowing that this talented man left too soon.
I wish his family and Erica the very best.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:54 pm Reply with quote
it's for situations like this that I truly believe that,if god really exists,he doesn't give a crap about us,and this is probably entertainment for him.It's just revolting that life is just about this,a lottery of whether you will die young or not of something out of your control...
Blazi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:11 am Reply with quote
So sudden... was only a few months after the break announcement. He was a great voice actor. Rest in peace.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:17 am Reply with quote
May his memory be a blessing.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:31 am Reply with quote
I'm so heartbroken by this news even though I've never met him or knew him personally. Loved his work in Promare and 86 especially, and he will truly be missed in the VO sphere. 35 is just way too young, **** cancer forever.
Kaoru G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:22 am Reply with quote
Rest in peace sir.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:22 am Reply with quote
RIP Billy, thank you for all your amazing work. Way to young you left us. To me you will always be the real shield hero. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. I wish Billy's family my condolences and much strength in this difficult time.
ab2143

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:39 am Reply with quote
RIP Billy Kametz. Thoughts are with friends and family. It’s really hard losing someone to cancer Sad
StarDango

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:42 am Reply with quote
RIP Billy Kametz. I can only offer my prayers and sympathy to his family, friends, and colleagues. I’m only a fan but I also can’t help but be heartbroken. I absolutely love Billy’s VA work, and I was so happy to meet him last SacAnime and get his autograph. He came off like an extremely fun man.

I haven’t felt this amount of grief for someone in the business since Miura died. There’s something about losing a creator or talent that had so much they wanted to do that just breaks me.

Thank you for everything, Billy. Love your work and everything you did. I and many others will miss you.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:46 am Reply with quote
I absolutely loved Billy Kametz's performance as Galo in Promare and I enjoyed him in many other roles like Asomedeus in Iruma-kun and White Blood Cell and I enjoyed Tokyo 24th Ward. He had a whole life ahead of him and he passed away too soon. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.
CelestialEmpress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:07 am Reply with quote
It's going to hurt to rewatch his shows knowing he's gone. I think a lot of us probably had a feeling the prognosis wasn't great, but losing him only two months after the announcement makes it extra heartbreaking. He should have had more time.

My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer this week, and seeing that headline on top of everything just obliterated me emotionally. fudge cancer.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:24 am Reply with quote
I think I will always be familiar with him as Hiroto in Gundam Build Divers: Re-RISE which I really loved after finding Build Divers (the series Re-RISE is a sequel too) a bit underwhelming. His work a Hiroto really brought the emotional depth to the role of someone with a broken heart and who had closed themselves off because of trauma really well.

The outpouring of grief amongst the American VA community on social media keeps repeating the same thing, it seems that not only did we lose a great talent but also one of the kindest and most well liked people in the industry. He was two years younger than me, it's just not fair.

Last edited by GracieLizzy on Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Aresef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:33 am Reply with quote
He had a great outlook about it but Stage 4 cancer is what it is. Nevertheless, this is a shocking and saddening loss for the community. I never got to meet him personally but he seemed like a really great guy.

RIP. If there’s a bright side, it’s that he didn’t suffer for very long and he had a chance to know how much he was loved by so many.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:49 am Reply with quote
35 is no age, R.I.P It must have been a very aggressive form of cancer given that he wasn't diagnosed long ago. .
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:49 am Reply with quote
I just saw on the Crunchyroll article about his passing that people can post memories / condolences / etc on the page that's been set up by the funeral home. I think people have posted pictures from conventions and things if they have them too. Here's the link:

https://memorials.matinchekfuneralhome.com/william-kametz/4951503/index.php?_ga=2.134342513.108780056.1655034093-801730308.1655034093#details
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5