• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problems with DLsite's behavior

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Short version of the story: I bought a comic on DLsite, but the DRM prevented me from reading it. I made a post on their support forums politely asking for help, but my post was deleted and my forum account banned. And now I regret wasting $13.01.

I bought a comic on DLsite (specifically, this one (probably NSFW content displayed alongside it). However, I didn't realize when buying it that it had DRM. After installing the needed software (which was very complex...I even had to restart my computer), I opened the file. The comic is read through an .exe, which displays it page by page and prevents you from taking screencaps. The problem was that the comic pages were in extremely high resolution, and the DRM reader .exe had no way to zoom in or out. So the pages didn't fit into my monitor at all, and not even panels or single word balloons could be displayed without scrolling over to read them. I posted on their support forum (at doujinforum.com) asking if there was a way to fix this. I returned to the forum to check for a response, but found I was banned from the forum. It even seems to have some sort of IP ban. Checking with a proxy, I confirmed that my original post had been deleted. And that's where I am now.

I was already a bit sore over paying for a comic made unreadable by DRM. But something like this is adding insult to injury.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Email them or something, I guess would be the next logical thing to do. I don't have any experience of them, so I can't be much help. If you paid with a credit card you may be able to claim the money back from your card issuer, though that may be more hassle than it's worth.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Email them or something, I guess would be the next logical thing to do. I don't have any experience of them, so I can't be much help. If you paid with a credit card you may be able to claim the money back from your card issuer, though that may be more hassle than it's worth.

I did contact them, of course, but it's been ignored so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1