• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kanon 2006!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrdb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote
All I can say after watching the final episode is "WOW"!! The originial series and this one have a lot of things in common and a lot not. Which one is the better show, you ask? They are both about on equal footing-the new version, having more episodes to work with does a better job of fleshing out the characters and the storyline goes much deeper. In the end I'd probally have to give 2006 a slight edge over 2002.
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:00 am Reply with quote
The new version doesn't have a Jay Leno look-alike as the main character, and the character designs don't make me want to claw at my face, so I'm going to have to go with the 2006 version.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote
I thin that style of character design with the huge eyes is one you either like or hate-me-I kinda like it.
musiclevelz5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Ha! This anime totally rulez..I finished it a coupla weeks ago..the characters, how they were drawn out with their cute eyes, each individual's amazing personalities..are just outa this league. Even tho i didn't watch the 1st series I would say this is a true favorite. Each gir l Yuuichi had a relationship with touched a different part of me. Completely phenomenal.. hehe maybe i overdid it. OH well! Very Happy (Mai looks Gorgeous&Rapturous in that dress!!!!!!!!!!)
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
musiclevelz5 wrote:
Ha! This anime totally rulez..I finished it a coupla weeks ago..the characters, how they were drawn out with their cute eyes, each individual's amazing personalities..are just outa this league. Even tho i didn't watch the 1st series I would say this is a true favorite. Each gir l Yuuichi had a relationship with touched a different part of me. Completely phenomenal.. hehe maybe i overdid it. OH well! Very Happy (Mai looks Gorgeous&Rapturous in that dress!!!!!!!!!!)
By "rulez," do you mean it "rules"? Speaking of rules, take a moment and read them, especially the part that says this:
Quote:
2) This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All conversation must be in English. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I finished watching it today and boy was I happy with the ending. It's probably my frirst time seeing something that pleasures my tastes. I really like the ending, it made me cry little Crying or Very sad Smile or that could be my spring time allergies ._.
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
I finished watching it today and boy was I happy with the ending. It's probably my frirst time seeing something that pleasures my tastes. I really like the ending, it made me cry little Crying or Very sad Smile or that could be my spring time allergies ._.

I gotta confess...I'm a sucker for happy endings, so long as they aren't too overly-cheesy and contrived. And that whole symbolism in the last scene with Shota-Yuuichi was just too awesome for me. I get giddy with clever symbolism like that.
mind over matter

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Feel free to re-write this, but with spoiler tags. Especially for the other anime you happened to mention. ~Zalis
musiclevelz5

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote
lol my bad i confused the z with the s. it happens alot Embarassed
The Lolicon Artist

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I finally got to check out Kanon (remake) yesterday, episode 1. I must say it has a couple of similiarities with Canvas 2. Although i've only seened episode 1 i know i must watch some more.

I'm well aware that Kanon (remake) was one of the top 10 animes in Japan in the past.
roujin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I've always had a problem with the character designs of this show. I don't know about you but I preer it when characters actually resemble their age group. It's always bothered me and it bothered me a lot during the short time that I watched Kanon. I also thought the show was somehow overly cutesy and it made me want to strangle it. The animation is great and all. Another great effort from KyoAni buuuuuuut I really can't get over the character design. I'll give it one last try and then move on.
Clodus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
roujin wrote:
I've always had a problem with the character designs of this show. I don't know about you but I preer it when characters actually resemble their age group. It's always bothered me and it bothered me a lot during the short time that I watched Kanon. I also thought the show was somehow overly cutesy and it made me want to strangle it. The animation is great and all. Another great effort from KyoAni buuuuuuut I really can't get over the character design. I'll give it one last try and then move on.

i thought most of the characters fit their age group just fine except Ayu Tsukimiya. actually it did slightly bother me that she looks so young at first but the story itself is absolutely great that i think you could brush it off. i got the impression that you didn't finish Kanon yet. I'm gonna have to implore you to give it a couple more chances as it ranks pretty high on ANN and is one of my favorites as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote
Ayu was the only one that I thought looked way too young. She's supposed to be 15 but she looks (and often acts) like she's about 8. I thought the rest of the girls looked about their age.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Ayu was the only one that I thought looked way too young. She's supposed to be 15 but she looks (and often acts) like she's about 8. I thought the rest of the girls looked about their age.

Well Ayu spoiler[ was in a comma since she was child (I think she was 8) and I don't think she really matured while in that state ] so I can probably understand how she acts like one.

[Added spoiler tags. Not everyone looking into this thread has seen the end of the series. ~Zalis]
roujin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I was bored the other day and without anything to watch so I started watching Kanon again. I don't know why I thought the characters didn't look their age when I originally saw it. Only Ayu didn't look her age (I later understood why.) While you're not gonna convince me that Kanon is some kind of masterpiece, it's definitely one of the better dramatic animes that I've seen so far. I was shocked that I found myself enjoying the show but what's more that I had become emotionally involved with the characters which is something that rarely happens.

The one nitpick I have is that it did feel like Yuuichi was going through one girl to the next like you would in the game. Like you were playing through her story. I couldn't shake this feeling while I watched it and it bothered me a bit. Also the girls seemed to dissapear after their arcs were over and would only be mentioned or appear sporadically after their story had been told which irked me.

Overall, it's a very enjoyable show. I can understand why it gets the sort of praise it does. It's not something that I would enjoy watching again though.

Now... I guess Air is next Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17