• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bosch explains E7 dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Iritscen wrote:
"Yoo-ree-ka" is a silly gringo way of saying the Greek word. It's supposed to be "Eh-uh-reh-ka", which is how I hear it being said in the dub.

Woah, didn't know that... well, actually, I was vaguely under the impression that there was a reason for the pronunciation, but didn't really know what.

Iritscen wrote:

I was not too fond of Renton's voice at first, even though I love J. Bosch for his work as Vash, but the last episode I heard sounded better. I have only seen like half the episodes aired so far because CN keeps moving the show around and my ****ing TV Guide is completely useless.

Oh, it's good to hear that his Renton delivery improves given that I wasn't too fond of it either... err... I stopped watching the actual show though (lost interest and the late scehdule), but I would like to continue it someday (replays or something).

Uh... I think I remember hearing that Texas came up with the apple trick... I'm not sure though... I'm also not sure where I heard this (I think it was in Taliesin Jaffe's commentary for ROD the TV).

But yeah... I love this in the studio stuff... we should get more of it, but... uh... I think it has something to do with money and the whole SAG (Screen Actors Guild... I think) thing.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I know back in the day my mom used to say red apples have more "wax" on them, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't "wax" she was talking about. But it must have been something.

Well she meant this http://www.bestapples.com/facts/waxing.html and this http://drmirkin.com/nutrition/9005.html

I thought she might have meant paraffin - which is a type of edible wax that can be used in foods such as chocolates, as well as in things like sealing up home made Jellies and Jams in canning. However, I just did a double check and apple wax is actually made from more things than pariffin.

That said, I would agree with the theory that it's chemical issue between red and green apples that make using green appels to stop the voice from clicking verses the wax issue. The trick actually sounds familer to me - almost like a trick used for singers (there are all sorts of interesting tricks you can use to make your voice sound better when you're singing).

Update - Wow! I found something online that explains what mouth noice or clicking is and some of the other tricks that came be used to stop the problem http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=52&aid=101918
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3