• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I really don't find the show to be similar to Haruhi at all except on a superficial level. I do really like the show though, it's always great because after a while I kind of went into auto-pilot during the Misaki talks; but in eps 7 when she started to talk about Satou's personal information I kind of went: "huh? what? he didn't say that..." *better rewind make sure I heard that right*. Clearly the same thing went through his mind as well Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sciiryo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Ya i got to say i love the ending theme to
Anthony P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This series is really starting to pick up! With episode 8, I can't help but wonder spoiler[ if Misaki's romantic behaviour towards Satou is part of her "experiment". Actually, I'd be surprised if it wasn't. That'd make for some really typical "twist ending" fare, so if the series does go that way, hopefully it does it well. Oh, and it was revealed that Satou is an Aquarius; odd because he doesn't act or think like an Aquarius at all. I was thinking he's more along the lines of a Cancer, because of how he guards his inner thoughts and feelings, and how he seems to feel defeated easily, but whatever.]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
So, is anyone else really disappointed by the switch in the EP? I have to admit, I didn't actually watch the original EP for ages, which was a shame because it was the most wonderfully cracktastic thing I have ever seen. But this new one just doesn't have even close to the same appeal.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I haven't read the whole thread, but I noticed someone mentioned the change in the second thread to pop up about the show.
adonais

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Well the "Odoru akachan ningen" act is of course a tough one to follow, so if you require something just as spectacular for the second half of the show you're likely to be disappointed. But in and of itself, the new ED isn't bad at all IMO, I quite like it actually. It sort of jibes with the change in pace of the story after the mid-point climax, and I find it mildly amusing too that it is sung by Yui Makino (alias the voice of Misaki Nakahara).

And also, while I too really liked the original ED, there is indeed something like too much of a good thing, and I think "akachan ningen" was approaching its credit limit.. The new ED signals something fresh, and you still have the old one in the previous 12 episodes, so what is there to complain about? Wink
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 am Reply with quote
adonais wrote:
it is sung by Yui Makino (alias the voice of Misaki Nakahara).

I had thought it was probably Misaki's voice, it sounded enough like her at any rate.

As for a credit limit, I don't know if I really have one. Anime seem to be changing their OPs and EPs around a lot now and while sometimes it's refreshing (I really like the new ones for NANA, though I do wish that the OP was still a Blast song rather than Trapnest, but that's another story), but I've seen lots where they didn't and I never got bored or sick of any of the themes. In fact, changing themes can be annoying for someone who likes to sing along with them but doesn't know enough Japanese to be able to do it with any skill until maybe ten episodes or so, depending on the song.

Of course, I wasn't singing along with the old NHK! EP, just laughing at the crack. But I really loved it and was so disappointed to see this new one. Even if it is a good song (and it's nice, I'll give it that, but nothing really memorable), it's still ended my run of actually letting the credits on NHK! run.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote
Anyone here notice the Sharingan symbol from Naruto, on the back of Satou's green/greyish shirt in ep 3???

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
TcDohl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
You know, I like NHK so much that I'm writing a sociology paper on the NEET phenomenon with a special section on hikikomori.

I think that the "Dame ningen" song from episode 15 should have been the second ending theme. It would have been a worthy successor to "Akachan ningen".
linlinchan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, well, what I have to say should be taken with a grain of salt, as I've not seen much of the anime yet.
I've read the original novel before, and I found that the novel itself had a much more serious tone (at least, it seemed to to me,) than the way people are explaining the anime. In fact, I seem to remember the novel being VERY serious.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
The anime is fairly serious a fair amount of the time, with moments of comic relief in between. This is more so in the later episodes, dealing with spoiler[the suicide club].
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
linlinchan wrote:
Hmm, well, what I have to say should be taken with a grain of salt, as I've not seen much of the anime yet.
I've read the original novel before, and I found that the novel itself had a much more serious tone (at least, it seemed to to me,) than the way people are explaining the anime. In fact, I seem to remember the novel being VERY serious.

If that is the case, the fault lies within the manga, as that is what the anime is based off of.
linlinchan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
linlinchan wrote:

If that is the case, the fault lies within the manga, as that is what the anime is based off of.

Well, I think it's just a matter of preference, there are probably many people who enjoy the humorous touches and zany stuff in the manga/anime better than the serious, rather disturbing book. I myself like the novel better, from what I've seen of the show.
One example that strikes me as kind of a major difference in the tone of the two is the fact that spoiler[in the book, the talking appliances occur as a result of Satou having purchased a legal hallucinogen over the internet and using them to go on a drug trip, something he thinks may save him from his lifestyle.]
Hisdon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
the manga is much more serious and much more zaney overall than the anime; however I'm very impressed that the anime is spanning as well as it is. Considering the manga appears like its' going to end soon, I think we might just see the true ending in this series animated.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry in shame that the game I logged 120 play days in over the course of ~400 real days was featured in a show like NHK (and hardly in a 'subtle' way. Everything was there, from the mithra to Tavnazia and Jeuno Laughing). All I did was eat, sleep, go to class, play FFXI... Huh, this is sounding familiar.

Either way, the FFXI references had me cracking up. Eps 15 was a darn good one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
adonais

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote
TcDohl wrote:
You know, I like NHK so much that I'm writing a sociology paper on the NEET phenomenon with a special section on hikikomori.

I'd love to read that Shocked
Seriously, that's the aspect of NHK that also makes me like it so much. And while the comic relief cracks me up, the darker undertones and the serious part of the series is why I'm sticking to it.

TcDohl wrote:
I think that the "Dame ningen" song from episode 15 should have been the second ending theme. It would have been a worthy successor to "Akachan ningen".

Aww come on....give Misaki-chan a chance will you?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10