• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jqsilver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
First off, I seem to recall Ep 3 being hilarious.

As for Episode 4, I really like the juxtaposition of the moe fantasy girls with our hero's real life. His "childhood friend" is older than him and the mysterious girl is more assertive than him. I've been getting a little annoyed with stereotypical, fanservice-y women in anime, so I like where the show is going.

Oh, and don't post to say how boring a show is without specific complaints that are worth discussing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or did Gonzo really, REALLY dropped the ball in the animation quality in episode 4? Confused

Of course the style they "use" really reminds me of the designs in Mindgame. I don't know if that;s what they're going for, but it's too unexpected.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if the animation quality "dropped" persay, but it's a completely different style from the first three episodes. Then again, I thought the animation was terrible and boring to begin with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, maybe I should use that word "sakuga" when talking about design consistancy. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I actually didn't see any difference between episode 4 and the other episodes in terms of animation quality. Then again, I only focused on the background and not really anything else. Also, the pururin song was just too mind consuming.
RDespair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Is it just me, or did Gonzo really, REALLY dropped the ball in the animation quality in episode 4? Confused

I noticed that as well. The backgrounds still looked fine to me, but I thought the animation for the characters looked really bad and inconsistent at some points.

I am still rather enjoying the series despite the variable animation quality.
Lucan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:58 am Reply with quote
Just finished Episode 5, I am totally hooked up on this show now. Proved to be a very interesting followup after Suzumiya.

I am curious how Satou and his senpai's relationship turns out.
Enjeru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I just started this show and I feel that it is a breath of fresh air. Granted that I have only seen 3 episodes so far, I am pleased with the basis behind it. I have seen far too many love/comedy series with no complexity to it. I am not saying that this is the first of it's kind by any means, however there are far more brain-dead love/comedies than there are ones with substance.
For me it has the feel of a mix of Genshiken and FLCL. I really hope they don't drop the ball later on in the series. There is nothing worse than a series that starts off with so much promise and then fails to deliver.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I just started the show today and have only seen the first three episode but I already feel that this is going to be a good series. Its plot is really out there and it is strange that a anime about a hermit would be this injoyable but Ill probably end up watching this til the end.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Lucan wrote:
Just finished Episode 5, I am totally hooked up on this show now. Proved to be a very interesting followup after Suzumiya.

I am curious how Satou and his senpai's relationship turns out.

yes, you will be

whahhahaaha, knowing what happens from the manga is good stuff =)
Sciiryo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quote
Just Finshed ep 7 Scary how she knew so much about him Could the NHK really be at work?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quote
Sciiryo wrote:
Just Finshed ep 7 Scary how she knew so much about him Could the NHK really be at work?

Yea seriously! Confused

What is the deal with Misaki anyways? spoiler[Hell, she even knew Satou's phone number of which he never gave.] I have to say, Gonzo is actually doing a very good job with this series on making it engaging on some down-to-earth issues. They don't need to go all flashy and pretentious (unless were talking about Satou's imaginations Laughing ).
Exaar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I really like this show. It strikes me as being Haruhi-esque in style, but much more down-to-earth and mature, as far as it's subject matter. I don't know that I like it better than Haruhi, but I am enjoying it a lot so far. While it's primarily a comedy, and has some truely hilarious moments, it's also pretty serious at times and, in my opinion, does a good job about making you actually care to see what happens to the characters... well, character mostly, since Satou-kun is pretty much the only one I'd care about (although Yamazaki is amusing and Misaki is interesting bordering on creepy).

I noticed the significant decline in character animation in episode four as well, but since it went back to the previous high quality (IMO) of the first three with all the following episodes I have to assume it was a stylistic choice to represent their spoiler['descent into otakudom'] in that episode. I dunno, I didn't like it, I'm glad it's over.

One of the things I like the most about this series is the music. Especially that awesome guitar piece whenever Satou's imagination starts running away and the NHK comes up. It's awesome. The ending theme is great too.

Cant' wait to see where the series heads.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
You'll find up what's up with Misaki eventually, she's hiding something atm.
Noggy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I (finally) got caught up on this series. This is pretty much repeating what has been said already, but I'm dying to know what happens next. Almost makes me wish that I didn't start the show until it was finished so I wouldn't have to wait a week between episodes.

But I'm not sure that it's all that much like Haruhi. Sure, both shows have their rather odd moments (to say the least).... or is Haruhi the new benchmark for strange?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10