• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi's song in this episode amazed me the most. It was kinda interesting to see her sing after all the crazy things she did. Kinda like a new side to her
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Just enjoy the festival : Normaly

was that a FMP refrence? sure looked like one.

The animation in this part of just awsome. and i also enjoyed the spoiler[song. almost felt like i should put my hands together for their performance]
naeblis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:10 am Reply with quote
Haruhi is definately a freaking godess.... yea.... Anyone else wanted to grap a lighter while they were watching the song?
Now for something serious. Is the entire series really only going to be 14 episodes long? Can anyone confirm this? I've already looked around the forums and no one seems to know. I just love watching the whole SOS gang in their zany adventures every week.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
spoiler[(I believe Episode 11 was meant as character development for Yuki, Episode 12 was obvious Haruhi Haruhi Haruhi, and from the preview, it seems like Itsuki will be the focus of Episode 13).]

I more or less agree, except for the last bit. The next episode (#13 in air sequence) is "Episode 5" of the first storyline, "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi". So it's back to the plotline development, but with a character development twist. Don't miss next episode, it's the crux of the first storyline (i.e. of the first book).

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DaZ616

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:07 am Reply with quote
Ep 12 was Kick-ass

IMO this ep offered a different type of style to previous eps.
Its good to see Haruhi's character develop late in the series.

Ep 12's ending seemed like the spoiler[ending of the series it self]with Haruhi's character developing and the things Haruhi mentions near the ending of ep 12 spoiler[such as making a band to perform at next years cultural fest; making a sequal to the movie and how Haruhi says " Next year is going to be busy". All indicating a sequal to the series?] I hope so.

o yeah and BTW, is it just me or did anyone notice the spoiler[change of eye colour in mikurus eyes. if you rewatch the ep 12 at 5.13
and when you see mikuru turn around, her eyes are coloured RED and when she blinks a couple of times her eye colour changes back to brown...... ]
is this something we're surppose to pick up? or did i just waste everybodies time rewatching the ep for nothing?

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
no your right. Hmm...interesting.
blackmage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quote
It might be a side effect from time traveling[/spoiler]
Ilikeulikeme

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:
Ep 12 was Kick-ass
o yeah and BTW, is it just me or did anyone notice the spoiler[change of eye colour in mikurus eyes. if you rewatch the ep 12 at 5.13
and when you see mikuru turn around, her eyes are coloured RED and when she blinks a couple of times her eye colour changes back to brown...... ]
is this something we're surppose to pick up? or did i just waste everybodies time rewatching the ep for nothing?

I think it was the lighting of the room because it goes away slowly as she walks forward.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Good eye Ilikeulikeme, I just noticed.
RoByte

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
TAKAVAR wrote:
Quote:
Just enjoy the festival : Normaly

was that a FMP refrence? sure looked like one.

Speaking of that very Sagara-esque line, did anyone notice this during that scene?

omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yuki looks like a satinist in that pic. Twisted Evil
Shii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Nobody caught the Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead reference in ep 12?
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I suppose it very well could have been a Full Metal Panic! reference, seeing as how both series were done by Kyoto Animation (well the latter 2 of Full Metal Panic! anyway). And also seeing as how there was the "Fumoffu!" interjection in...Episode 7? I believe, all the more reason to make references.

I'm waiting for my Air reference. I want to hear a "Gaoh!" from Mikuru! Twisted Evil

Or maybe it's because both of the novels that the two series were adapted from were published by Kadokawa Shoten. In that case, I'm waiting for Haruhi to suddenly sport red hair, pull out a "Nietono no Haruhi," turn to Kyon, and tell him, "You don't exist anymore!" Noizi Ito is awesome.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Shii wrote:
Nobody caught the Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead reference in ep 12?

Don't be so quick to cry "nobody".

- abunai
Great fan of Tom Stoppard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
I'm waiting for Haruhi to suddenly sport red hair, pull out a "Nietono no Haruhi," turn to Kyon, and tell him, "You don't exist anymore!" Noizi Ito is awesome.

Well, Haruhi had shouted "shut up!" at Kyon at least one time. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 213