• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Who else has seen this? I was wondering, not only because it's a really unique and interesting show, but because I have a few questions. First, i'll admit, that i watched the first few (three) episodes off of fansubs this morning. However, im not into downloading an entire series, so i plan to go buy this sometime over feb. break Very Happy however, before i do anything, i was wondering....

1) Are the Dubs any good (i have a few voices in my mind that would suit certian characters perfectly, especially a few for the count)

2) Who did the art for this series? it's some of the coolest i've ever seen....really unique and colorful too. I'd like to know so i can look into a few of his other works.

3) i see that there are around 26 episodes for Gankutsuou. Are there any extras (OAV, Movies, ect.) or plans to continue the series otherwise?

4) is this series avaliable in a boxset? I'd rahter shell put 150+ all at once and be able to watch it all, than buy each DVD sepratley Anime cry that's never any fun. If no, then can I buy the first volume with a box, so i at least have somewhere to keep all the DVDs?

5) why is it that the Count is one of the coolest characters I have ever seen in anime? And am i the only one who thinks he looks kind of like a vampire/pimp.... Question
ChibiBritt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I can help with a few...

2.) I do believe it was Studio Gonzo that did the series. And I agree with you on the art. I absolutely love it! But sadly I have noticed a lot of people get turned off by it becasue it 'hurts their eyes'. I always try to reassure them they get used to it though...as they will miss out on an awesome show...

3.) There are actually only 24 episodes. I wish there were more, but as of right now...there isn't. That's it. But the story finishes up nicely so it's not too bad. Anime smile

4.) I believe there is a starter boxset and only the first DVDs are out. The starter box is pretty though...

5.) I heart the Count....very very much. He's the most badass blue man around...

Hope that helps Anime smile
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
ChibiBritt wrote:
I can help with a few...

2.) I do believe it was Studio Gonzo that did the series. And I agree with you on the art. I absolutely love it! But sadly I have noticed a lot of people get turned off by it becasue it 'hurts their eyes'. I always try to reassure them they get used to it though...as they will miss out on an awesome show...

3.) There are actually only 24 episodes. I wish there were more, but as of right now...there isn't. That's it. But the story finishes up nicely so it's not too bad. Anime smile

4.) I believe there is a starter boxset and only the first DVDs are out. The starter box is pretty though...

5.) I heart the Count....very very much. He's the most badass blue man around...

Hope that helps Anime smile

Indeed it does help, thanks Very Happy

badass and blue...a good combonation!

figures...gonza has yet to let me down on anything, they dish out some pretty damn good stuff

and although i know (i always do) im going to wind up getting box + whichever DVDs are out, get realllllly into the show, and go crazy because i got deeply interested in a series that isnt even close to finished ._. just like i did with elfen lied....and everything else....

but how does the art hurt you're eyes? im just mad it goes so fast; unlike other shows i re-view for the story and characters, i re-view this just to look at the art. Really interesting. However thinking back i do see how it could be a potential mindfuck...but at least it's a beautiful one! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1