• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
chrono crusade

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
this whole thing is alittle bit confusing, I have seen all 24 episodes but the last 3 or 2 episodes make the least sense. Could some summarize the whole thing. I hhave some questions in epsode 23 [spoiler]spoiler[aion says my lord my
god why have you forsaken me in hebrew. Then in 24 he appeares after chrono killed him and hands Remington some paperspoiler[]]

Last edited by AnimeLord on Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedComet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I suggest fixing the spoiler tags before people get angry.
chiyosdad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
i think i can help tou out. i watched the ending just a month away and cried alot in the final episode. here is how it goes:spoiler[ after chrono and rosette destroy aion they go and release the kids from the orphnage from their "curse" then the go to this rundown house wher both of them end up dying because they ran out of time while watching the sunset. snif snif I LOVE YOU ROSETTE!!!!. any way, later after some years have passed then we get to see remington who cannot die. (apperantly he said he was paying for his sins, maybe because he desited to stay with joshua instead of going to heaven?) as remington walks some damn RUDE man bumps into hima and makes him fall. thats when aion hands him a cloth to clean himself up. aion says that he is the alpha and the omega and will not die as long as there is a god and people commit sins, ithink thats what he ment. i love this series because it doen't have a happy ending even though i'm still depressed up to this day. anyway write if you have any more Questions. may chrono and rosette rest in peace.]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:04 am Reply with quote
chiyosdad wrote:
spoiler[may chrono and rosette rest in peace.]

Well I don't that will really happen sincespoiler[ ya know chrono is like a devil and rosetta is a martyar (Spelling?) more then likely Rosetta is getting her groove on in heaven while chrono is getting his butt kick in hell. Just kidding about the last comment, in all seriousness I thought this story did have an amazing ending, I really thought that part where Aion says My God, My God, why have you forsaken me is an interesting quote to say the least. To whose of you who are pretty keen on your biblical history, it is believe that these were the last words of Jesus Christ. Now whetever that has any symbolism to Aion saying it is another thing. Since the Devils were at one point Angel that were cast from heaven for attempting a cu de ta (Spelling again sorry) so perhaps Aion is asking why he can't belong in God creation.] Great series, one of those one that sorta slip through the cracks, although this series reminds me so much of Full Metal Alchemist.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
S_C_L-1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
ok... its been awhile, so please dont flamme if i mix things up!

spoiler[Remington is an angel... thats why "he cannot die"...]

oh, and deltakiral, its "coup d'etat" (there's an accent on the "e" but i can't do it with this keyboard...)
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:33 am Reply with quote
While we're here, we should talk about this series since it's pretty awesome...

... gimme like... 2 hours to come up with commentary though (BOONDOCKS is coming up >_>)

I got this thing though, but it's a little old and some of my observations might've changed by now... feel free to point things out:

Finished CHRONO CRUSADE

Wow, that was a pretty great series... I really liked how they handled the last episode, although, I'm a bit clouded with what the hell the message is

Anyway, I currently have:

spoiler[From what I can understand... the reason all the turmoil had to happen was mainly because man has grown... like, they don't believe in god anymore and that the signs were to give man a chance to look to salvation since they have knowledge and whatnot... devils were apparently created to bring man back to god... in the series

What Aion was doing was trying to break free of god's plans and create his own destiny *or something*

But in the end, he was actually a part of god's "plan" and this fact was embodied by the guy who shot the pope ]

ANYWAY, extremely vague, especially considering that I don't know JACK about religious philosophy or whatever *well... not that this show is an accurate interpretation anyway >_> *

MAN, I really liked that scene where:

spoiler[The one were Rosette and Chrono die... it was handled incredibly well, and Hilary Haag and Greg Aryes were PERFECT...

Rosette wanted to go on longer so that she could be with Chrono more (EDIT: nah, watched again, she just said that she was scared... but hey, that could still be implied to some extent I guess Razz ), but she was satisfied at the same time considering that she was able to spend her last few moments with him... Chrono could've carried on had he had Rosette break the seal once more, but there wouldn't be any point since she wouldn't be with him

the bittersweet mix of desperation and hapiness was well-done... and their passing symbolized by the setting of the sun was beautiful... I was moved ]

==================

Have fun Razz

Last edited by DKL on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
CyberViper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
I was more confused toward the ending, but not about the ending itself. My first thought here was spoiler[when Aion says "God oh God, why have you forsaken me?", which are supposedly the last words of Christ, and then he comes back later to see Remington, it was because he 'rose from the dead'. As Christ did.] Maybe that's getting a little to into it, but that's what i thought of first. Might be the exact reason why they had it happen, but a thought nonetheless.

By the way, this was one of my favorite anime series of ALL time!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1