• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question that has been bugging me.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardSlash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Hi this is my first post and I have a question that so far nobody has been able to help me with. Its about the title of what Im pretty sure was an anime because I remember seeing it years ago on a saturday morning on sci fi channel back when they used to have their "Saturday Anime" programming block. I can only barely remember the plot, but Im pretty sure it was about the spirit of a dead woman (I think she was a grandmother) who posessed an ambulance or something and started running around tokyo (I think) trying to get somewhere (not sure where). And I remember that the ambulance absorbs other machines including a helicopter. I know its not a lot of info but if anyone knows the title Id really appreciate it. I've tried google but came up empty handed.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote
msi435

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Ya it sounds like Roujin Z. I actually remmber seeing back on the staturday morning Sci-Fi anime block
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
It's definitely Roujin-Z, as I remember that being on Sci Fi Network a couple of different Saturday mornings in the late '90s.

And to clarify, it wasn't really the spirit of the old man's wife, the automated bed (intended for infirm elderly but based on a combat-related design) was just programmed to behave like her and so started acting like her and developed a mind of its own. The bed was trying to take the old guy to the beach, IIRC.

That particular anime has often been cited as a scathing indictment of concerns about how the elderly are treated in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Next time, please use the Identifying Anime Thread for this sort of thing.

Locked, seeing as you now have your answer anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1