• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do You Think Luffy Is Gonna Die?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
The reason why I brought it up is because Gold roger was the King of the pirates and he died causing everyone to journey for the treasure of One Piece. So I was thinking what if luffy and gang find One Piece and Luffy becomes kings of pirates knowing luffy he'd want to fulfill this dream to its max so he would probably get captured by the Navy and get killed causing another young man to dream of becoming King of the pirates!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Yes.

But not until he's an old man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Everyone dies. It's nature's way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
He's obsessed with finding One Piece and being the King, but he's not obsessed over Gold Roger and certainly doesn't seem to idolize him. If he did he'd probably be a whole lot meaner. It's Shanks that he idolizes, if there's anyone he'd want to mimmick the life of it's him.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
He is obessed with Gold roger and he wants to be just like him. But with shanks, Luffy wants to prove to shanks that he can become king of pirates thats all not because he admires Shanks as a big brother!
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
No Laruto, I think Emerje is right. Think about it. People are telling Luffy right and left that he'll never become King of the Prirates, and he just laughs it off. But when someone bad mouths Shanks, or heaven forbid damages the hat Shanks gave him, Luffy completely loses it.

Luffy just wants to be the King of the Pirates. That's just his personal life goal. It has nothing to do with idolizing Gold Roger.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
shadow_guyver wrote:
No Laruto, I think Emerje is right. Think about it. People are telling Luffy right and left that he'll never become King of the Prirates, and he just laughs it off. But when someone bad mouths Shanks, or heaven forbid damages the hat Shanks gave him, Luffy completely loses it.

Luffy just wants to be the King of the Pirates. That's just his personal life goal. It has nothing to do with idolizing Gold Roger.

Even so, Don't you think that his fate his destined to meet death. I mean Think about just imagine Luffy 10 years later into his future and place him on that gallo where they stabbed Gold Roger, don't you think it that that's his fate death after he finds one Piece; for him to make his own words that will continue others to journey into the sea and keep the pirate age going! I Believe If luffy finds One Piece and becomes king of the pirates he's going to hide one Piece again into the Grand line and open the passage for a new young man to dream.
gedo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
shadow_guyver wrote:

Even so, Don't you think that his fate his destined to meet death. I mean Think about just imagine Luffy 10 years later into his future and place him on that gallo where they stabbed Gold Roger, don't you think it that that's his fate death after he finds one Piece; for him to make his own words that will continue others to journey into the sea and keep the pirate age going! I Believe If luffy finds One Piece and becomes king of the pirates he's going to hide one Piece again into the Grand line and open the passage for a new young man to dream.

its the marines not navy (you watch the 4kids version Confused)

that version of what they call one piece on us and now uk tv is not one piece that is the rubbish us version
if you watch 4kids one piece your not watching the real thing simple as that
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
gedo wrote:
Laruto wrote:
shadow_guyver wrote:

that version of what they call one piece on us and now uk tv is not one piece that is the rubbish us version

That makes no sense.
What makes the UK version any better than the US (4Kids) version? The UK version isn't any more of the original thing than the US's. 4Kids has the only version we have to watch (other than bootlegs and fansubs), and in there, it is the navy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
gedo wrote:
Laruto wrote:
shadow_guyver wrote:

That makes no sense.
What makes the UK version any better than the US (4Kids) version? The UK version isn't any more of the original thing than the US's. 4Kids has the only version we have to watch (other than bootlegs and fansubs), and in there, it is the navy.

That's true, When I use to watch the Fansubs it said Navy all the time, the only thing about it was that they wore clothes marked Marines.
Nionel

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Will Luffy die? No, personally, my theory on the ending of One Piece is that when they reach it there will be no treasure, the treasure will be something like his friendship with his crew, 'cause from what I've noticed in the series, Luffy seems to be one of the only Captains that treats his crew as equals, which is why I believe that no one has reached the Grand Line before...and really after thinking about it I'm expecting that type of lame ending
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
Will Luffy die? No, personally, my theory on the ending of One Piece is that when they reach it there will be no treasure, the treasure will be something like his friendship with his crew, 'cause from what I've noticed in the series, Luffy seems to be one of the only Captains that treats his crew as equals, which is why I believe that no one has reached the Grand Line before...and really after thinking about it I'm expecting that type of lame ending

s*** I never thought of that, Damn your gooooooooooooood!
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Even so, Don't you think that his fate his destined to meet death. I mean Think about just imagine Luffy 10 years later into his future and place him on that gallo where they stabbed Gold Roger, don't you think it that that's his fate death after he finds one Piece; for him to make his own words that will continue others to journey into the sea and keep the pirate age going!

Somehow I doubt it. Now, I'm still in the Arlong Arc, but from what I've seen, Luffy is a really nice guy with good ethics and stuff. From the scene of Gold Roger's death, you saw him give an evil grin in a gravely voice, looking like he would kill everyone there if given a chance. He was likely a full pirate, killing and looting and all that. Luffy hasn't shown any disposition so far towards killing and looting, and I suspect that he is following Shanks' methods of pirating, which, from what I can tell, entails going on great adventures and trying to find buried treasure (or taking it from "bad" pirates) as opposed to bullying others into giving them their treasure. Because of this, Luffy may become the Pirate King, but not a mean one; therefore, there wouldn't be a big push to capture him like there probably was for Gold Roger.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Smile
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote
I'd say it'd be very hard pressed for Luffy to ever die, since he's got the admiration of his crew, who definitely sticks their necks into danger in order to protect him if need be. I believe if Luffy were in a situation like that, his crew would do all they could to save him. spoiler[This excludes the Loguetown story, since Luffy's crew were all doing their own thing.]

I'm betting on the friendship is treasure ending. I figured something like that when I saw the poll on 4Kids.tv that asked what you thought One Piece was. It may not be friendship...but I don't think it's any sort of monetary treasure.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
I'd say it'd be very hard pressed for Luffy to ever die, since he's got the admiration of his crew, who definitely sticks their necks into danger in order to protect him if need be. I believe if Luffy were in a situation like that, his crew would do all they could to save him. spoiler[This excludes the Loguetown story, since Luffy's crew were all doing their own thing.]

I'm betting on the friendship is treasure ending. I figured something like that when I saw the poll on 4Kids.tv that asked what you thought One Piece was. It may not be friendship...but I don't think it's any sort of monetary treasure.

oh man, after alomst 300 episodes that would be just horrible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2