• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I can't really say that I enjoyed the spoiler[love will save the world] ending. If it had ended with everyone dying and the whole world exploding, at least it would have left me feeling something.
Nani?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
I can't really say that I enjoyed the spoiler[love will save the world] ending. If it had ended with everyone dying and the whole world exploding, at least it would have left me feeling something.

Haven't seen the ending but--
Well, let's face it, if the world is going to be saved will it because we like to beat people up or because we LOOOOOVE genuinely and see value in what is around us?

All the Best,

Nani?
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I wwaited so logn for the concluding eps, and it turned out the be such a POS... my god... i wanted to burn myself after seeing sucha horrible ending to what was an awesome series.... Twisted Evil
smutchi

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
I wwaited so logn for the concluding eps, and it turned out the be such a POS... my god... i wanted to burn myself after seeing sucha horrible ending to what was an awesome series.... Twisted Evil

one3rd wrote:

As I've stated before, I didn't like the ending either. However I'm wondering what would have been a really good ending... Because I for my part spoiler[don't dislike "happy endings", I don't think that there has to be a sad ending to Mai HiME...] On the other hand I can't really think of an ending that would have completely satisfied me either... hmm.... anyone?
Maybe spoiler[Mai should have died when she destroyed this "satellite-bombing-thing"...? It would have been sad, but somehow a "the hero dies" ending... Wink ]
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
The series really never built up for anything other than a happy ending. The show would lose a lot of popularity points if they killed off Mai. I mean, it has a general light hearted theme to it. it would be very weird if the main character had died. Either way, I wouldn't have minded. She wasn't that interesting. Smile
]
smutchi

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
It's Debateable wrote:
spoiler[
The series really never built up for anything other than a happy ending. The show would lose a lot of popularity points if they killed off Mai. I mean, it has a general light hearted theme to it. it would be very weird if the main character had died. Either way, I wouldn't have minded. She wasn't that interesting. Smile
]

spoiler[You're absolutely right about the popularity points. And I also agree that it has a general light hearted theme, but towards the end, when Mai completely freaks out (and also others behave quite...mh... Twisted Evil ), it changes the atmosphere of the series for me (I didn't expect this "all-against-all-fight-to-death" ending). I think there would have been a possibility to avoid the "complete revival". Especially because the 2nd season's going to have different characters (as far as I know?)...
And yeah, there are other HiMEs that are way more interesting Very Happy ]
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
It's Debateable wrote:
spoiler[
]

spoiler[I don't think it was building towards a truly happy ending. The series started out light-hearted, but then became deathly serious. To have absolutely everyone come back to life at the end was like erasing the entire serious portion of the series in one episode. I just think someone should have died and stayed dead to give that kind of bittersweet feeling at the end, where you know everything turned out well, but not without sacrifice.]
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
This is for that extremely talkative person up there. A good Mai-Hime site:

http://hime.shisaite.net/about.php

Some fanlisting site dedicated to Mai-Hime only.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:43 am Reply with quote
my guess is they did this to build a franchise, like Sailor Moon or something. notice right towards the end a second series, and a videogame were both announced.

on another note, i started reading the manga recently, and it's pretty damn good. there's a lot more violence, and way less of the sappy stuff.
sp00g

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote
good series!
does anyone know or have any idea when it will be licensed here?

i dont really like the manga because everyone seems to be a HiME. and all the childs are all mixed up.
the manga, to me, completely different story

heck, Natuski is a completely different person...
Sabakyuu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
This is the best series ever! I agree with smutchi, it's really unpredictable. I think it's wrong for anyone to even review anime if they've never seen the whole thing. Yes the ending is really stupid, but a few minutes in the last episode can't really sum up the entire series as a whole.
El Capitano

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
Perhaps some kind sacrifice would have been good for the ending, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it.
I certainly wouldn't have liked it as much if all those antagonists would have been dead for real.
]
snake102

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
Mai really annoy me alot in the anime version. She is so much better in the manga version
Nirvana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:34 am Reply with quote
It gets AWESOME later, then you just want to kill yourself on the last episode...
OtakuBakaA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
its a good anime. if you like adventure and action this woul be a recommended title. 8/10
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3