• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Qwaser of Stigmata Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Its actually a pretty solid battle shonen if you look past all the boobs... though I doubt most people could do that. But if you like battle shonens and boobs, its great.

Boobs are evil, though, and must remain hidden and bound to a girls chest with binding.

Personally it's still one of my favorite action shows because of it's premise of using the actual periodic elements rather than the typical earth/fire/water/wind stuff. Copper, Chlorine, Oxygen, Argon, Iron, Gold, Sulfur.. so much fun watching how to use chlorine and sulfur as a deadly weapon, and which element would beat another element in a fight.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Also, find me another character as badass and pimping as Sasha. Hell, compared with most shounen leads, Sahsa actually has a reason to be emo, but really isn't.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Katja is easily one of my top 10 characters of the last few years, and my favorite Aya Hirano role. Watch this and tell me she isn't great: (minor Qwaser spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94a_Zz3mTE
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development.

I've heard this so many times about ecchi I don't even believe it anymore.

Look, people. Just admit that you're watching it for the tits, and that there's no other reason to watch the show besides the tits. Please.

Sorry, but just because you believe someone is lying, it doesn't make it so.

Some enjoy the show as a whole and you'll just have to learn to accept it.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
I watch it because Katja's my favorite Aya Hirano role next to Nanael so sue me.

Same here.

Hirano is at her best with characters of questionable morals.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Also, find me another character as badass and pimping as Sasha. Hell, compared with most shounen leads, Sahsa actually has a reason to be emo, but really isn't.

Juuzawa Juu
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Wow, now Sentai are God for releasing a series ideal for masturbation. I guess some people have not realized that Sentai already has been releasing actual great series like Clannad and Angel Beats! this past year.

Just imagine how much some people will praise Sentai Filmworks if they actually released full blown hentai.

Funny you should say that because between 2002-2005 ADV did release a few Hentai under the name Softcel Pictures. They even featured some of ADV's regular voice actors/actresses under alias of course.

As for this show I enjoyed the first series but got abit bored halfway through the second season.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
As for this show I enjoyed the first series but got abit bored halfway through the second season.

They ran out of manga and the staff used the second half of the season to do extremely silly things.

Who knows, they might pick it up later on.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Juuzawa Juu

Yes indeed. That's a true man right there.

Nemo_N wrote:

Well, they did end season 2 on about 3 cliffhangers.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
Wow, now Sentai are God for releasing a series ideal for masturbation. I guess some people have not realized that Sentai already has been releasing actual great series like Clannad and Angel Beats! this past year.

Just imagine how much some people will praise Sentai Filmworks if they actually released full blown hentai.

Funny you should say that because between 2002-2005 ADV did release a few Hentai under the name Softcel Pictures. They even featured some of ADV's regular voice actors/actresses under alias of course.

They even had some back in the 90s and as a matter of fact, their first english dub was for a hentai.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Juuzawa Juu

Whatever happened to Denpateki na Kanojo? They ran out of novels to adapt?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Nemo_N wrote:
Escaflowne2001 wrote:

They ran out of manga and the staff used the second half of the season to do extremely silly things.

Not that that's bad. The anime-only material was some of the best stuff. The staff really had a knack for writing the characters and making things fun. I liked the added Miyuri x Lizzy angle they did, plus the hot springs episode was hilarious.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
It really was only a matter of time. They picked up Queen's Blade Rebellion after Media Blasters effectively dropped the ball on it and since Qwaser is by the same composer...

On another note, Yosuga no Sora is up next right and maybe To Love-Ru Darkness? Laughing
I will buy Yosuga no Sora but obviously avoid Qwaser

Last edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Sentai wow. What a weekend. Now I don't know most of these titles other really other then knowing about id@lmaster other anime. Also horrizon middle of nowhere other then on crunchyroll que. They may not have panel but they sure had a way to make impact this weekend.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
There isn't a single show that has been licensed this weekend (and there have been a lot) that I care at all about. So disappointing.

I feel your pain. The only licenses that interested me were Aoi Hana and possibly Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Arcana Famiglia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 19