• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eileen Stevens to Return to Reprise Role in Ah! My Goddess

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
My guess is that lady youko here doesn't realize that Oh! My Goddess is a manga that's been in continuous publication since 1988, and the TV series hasn't even scratched the surface of the near 30 volumes of manga that've been published.

Also, this is why the series is frequently accused of being "slow-moving", it's aim is to cover ALL of that material as best as possible.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Had anyone noticed that the thread title is cut off at the end so that it shows "Eileen Stevens to Return to Reprise Role in Ah! My God". I thought it was a bit funny for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:
jeffry747 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Well bci, speaking as an Oh! My Goddess dub fan, I'm not at all happy to see Eileen Stevens reprising the role of Belldandy because I WANT CESARIO DAMNIT!

Stevens isn't bad (she certainly captures Belldandy's early canon naivete well) but she just can't be compared to Juliet Cesario.
Here-here! I second this motion, also want her husband to reprise Keichi as well. Eileen did the movie which wasn't bad, but Juliet will always be Belldandy to me too.

In the movie Belldandy was played by Ruby Marlowe (a.k.a. Bridgette Hoffman) who did a very nice job.

She did a hell of a job doing Belldandy.she's one of the reason why i liked the movie.

Well I was beaten to the punch in pointing out who played Belldandy in the Movie. I am a HUGE Hoffman fan, and loved the job she did in the movie, but Eileen Stevens did a great job with season 1, and having continuity with season 2 is great. I also enjoyed the OVA dub, but it was doubtful they would go back to that cast. Kudos to ADV for surprising me and not doing the dub on their own. I was wondering when they were going to announce what their plans were, since dub casts are usually released before dates are announced for the release (5/8 for volume 1). I guess I better go place my pre-order at Right Stuf! Very Happy
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quote
*is too happy for words* Yes!! I am extremely happy hehe, I'm just glad they decied to keep Eileen Stevens as Bell again, since i can't imagine too many people being able to nail the part of Belldandy(despite her role being played by two other's Razz) This news just made my month. Cool

Edit: Hell this is matched oly by the impending release of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya DVD's Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2