• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Inu X Boku Secret Service Episodes 7-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
More importantly, why is appealing to Fujoshi and Fudanshi (we exist too!) a bad thing?

Its not a bad thing, its just something that I'm not interested in so it lessens my enjoyment of a series. I don't have a problem if someone likes it though.

no it's a bad thing, just like a lot of the jokes that come from the scrolls SS member are not good (from my perspective)

The show really needed to figure out what it's target audience was, because it had NO IDEA it felt like. Also Some moderation PLEASE in almost every aspect in episodes 2-10 (particularly it's characters)
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Considering its written by a guy named 'CoCo' what did you expect?

...? I don't really see what that has to do with anything.

He seems like he's pretty comfortable with his sexuality, so why be shocked when you see stuff that appeals to fujoshi?

Cocoa Fujiwara is female.

I do stand corrected, then, in that respect. I could have sworn someone used male pronouns on here when it was being announced.
Etrien wrote:
I think I share Fencedude's confusion...

But that aside, I actually kind of respect this show's fanserve - bizarre as that may sound - just because of how equal opportunity it is. I don't know that I've ever seen a show so consistently pander to both its male and female audience in such equal strides. If you happen to have a thing for cute or sexy anime characters, regardless of your gender or orientation, this show's probably something for you.

That's not really the kind of thing that hooks me into a show, but I can appreciate how well it was done.

Well, I apologize for my misunderstanding. I think BakaTest has quite a bit of equal-opportunity fan-service, as well. But you are right, this show had something for everyone (especially if you are Type B otaku). My original comment was more tongue-in-cheek to certain folks' insistence that any amount of male otaku pandering is not a bad thing, So why would they comment on excessive female otaku pandering? I don't care for either types of pandering, but I certainly think it is better they try to be equal-opportunity about it (if they must).
Uthred

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
While the last two episodes were great it didn't really redeem the show for me, it also didn't do much to make the romance between a girl recently turned fifteen and a guy in his early twenties any less creepy.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:28 am Reply with quote
Uthred wrote:
While the last two episodes were great it didn't really redeem the show for me, it also didn't do much to make the romance between a girl recently turned fifteen and a guy in his early twenties any less creepy.

One's in high school; one's in college. Not too creepy. Wink
Uthred

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

I dont have an issue with a seven year age gap, a good mate of mine is going out with a girl seven years younger than him, but they are both adults in their twenties. A guy in his early twenties going out with a fifteen year old just strikes me as creepy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Uthred wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

I don't have an issue with a seven year age gap, a good mate of mine is going out with a girl seven years younger than him, but they are both adults in their twenties. A guy in his early twenties going out with a fifteen year old just strikes me as creepy

Nah, I'm not alleging about your view one way or another; just making it sound less creepy if one thinks of it one such way. After all, how many of us collegiates once cruised around the locale high school girls? Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:07 am Reply with quote
Etrien wrote:
But it really does make the whole experience a bit difficult to quantify. I'd have trouble recommending the show to anyone because it's simply too fluffy and pointless overall, and yet, if I could somehow be assured that there was to be more like the final two episodes to come, I'd totally be on board with a season 2.

The final two episodes themselves were a bit off, since stuffing most of the show's backstory and character development into them made them very rushed. But I do love the ending, as in how the two spoiler[end up together. They're even discussing having children for crying out loud; children. She's only fifteen.] But somehow the writing makes it sweet instead of creepy.

So yeah, very fluffy show for most of the runtime that manages to stave off boredom by being really cute, and then the last two episodes are rushed. I loved the series, I just wish the filler had been cut or at least better handled. An entire episode just to ask someone for a cup of coffee and then another episode just to have that cup of coffee (and then not even end up having it anyway) was too slow even for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2