• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Show us your Media Shelves (primarily anime).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheezisgoooood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Iritscen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
You guys actually have shelves. I'm so jealous.

If I take a picture of my collection, it would require taking a picture of two cabinet drawers in the entertainment center and some box sets and things jammed into a dark corner of the cubby where the PS2 lives, with all the games blocking the anime.

If I clear up some major room in my computer room next month I should have a place for putting my anime on shelves, though. I can't wait.
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Here's a picture of my collection in Mid-January:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Azumangaman/MyDigitalCameraPhotos119.jpg

For the picture, I had to move all of the non-american DVD's from the shelf.
Here's what it looks like as of today, August 30th:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Azumangaman/Picture.jpg

Since I moved some stuff around for the picture, here is what my shelf looks like usually:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Azumangaman/Picture040.jpg

The boxes (w/DVD's inside) are set up like this:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Azumangaman/Picture041.jpg
pknecron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, since this is my first post I figured showing off what I have would be a good place to start.

My collection is pretty small compared to some that are shown on this thread, but I think it is pretty nice since I only started buying anime DVD's 3 months ago. There are a few duds in the collection, but overall I am happy with what I have picked up so far. All the box sets shown are complete.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/pknecron/Picture006s2.jpg

I could have picked a less expensive hobby I guess, but what the heck, you only live once right Very Happy
Webki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I think I've managed to compile a nice little collection; so, I say, why the hell not post it?

Yep, I couldn't think of a reason, either.

This collection definitely isn't anything close to what some of the people have shown off, but I am proud of it.

Here is a picture of my general collection. I know Sephiroth isn't really an "anime" figure, per say, but I love him anyway.

Here is a picture of, what I consider to be, the prized part of my collection. See if you can figure out what they are from the titles. If not, they are spoiler[The Twelve Kingdoms novels].

Here is a picture of the cover of one of those novels. Not the best of all the artwork, but I still love it. Plus there is a little advertisement on the sleeve (separately attached, of course) that advertises the anime (see the katakana アニメ). I thought that was neat.

Here is a picture of my Urahara Kisuke figure, from the Bleach series. I love this figure almost as much as I love the character. Plus, he is dressed in his captain's robes, looking as badass as possible.

Finally, here is a picture of my Japanese books and flashcards. The flashcards are in the big blueish box. They are quite nice, and are made to compliment James W. Heisig's Remembering the Kanji Vol. I. Plus my other Kana and Kanji flash cards, as well as the げんき book that will be my textbook this year.

So, that's it. Not that big, but I love it.
cheezisgoooood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
Hmm, I think I've managed to compile a nice little collection; so, I say, why the hell not post it?

Yep, I couldn't think of a reason, either.

This collection definitely isn't anything close to what some of the people have shown off, but I am proud of it.

Here is a picture of my general collection. I know Sephiroth isn't really an "anime" figure, per say, but I love him anyway.

Here is a picture of, what I consider to be, the prized part of my collection. See if you can figure out what they are from the titles. If not, they are spoiler[The Twelve Kingdoms novels].

Here is a picture of the cover of one of those novels. Not the best of all the artwork, but I still love it. Plus there is a little advertisement on the sleeve (separately attached, of course) that advertises the anime (see the katakana アニメ). I thought that was neat.

Here is a picture of my Urahara Kisuke figure, from the Bleach series. I love this figure almost as much as I love the character. Plus, he is dressed in his captain's robes, looking as badass as possible.

Finally, here is a picture of my Japanese books and flashcards. The flashcards are in the big blueish box. They are quite nice, and are made to compliment James W. Heisig's Remembering the Kanji Vol. I. Plus my other Kana and Kanji flash cards, as well as the げんき book that will be my textbook this year.

So, that's it. Not that big, but I love it.

Small yet ownage. Plenty of excellent titles.
cheezisgoooood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
[quote="cheezisgoooood"]
joel_s95387 wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:

Look at cheezisgooooood's, did I forget an "o"?, collection. It is not the biggest but he still has a lot of stuff I wish where in my collection. Azumanga, Berserk, My Neighbor Totoro, Excel Saga, Outlaw Star, and even Trigun... even though we all know the "truth" about that edition.

P.S. I swear to God I'm getting the official tins of Trigun by the end of this year. I keep forgetting to take Trigun off the shelf when I take a pic.

Well, they're not the tins but it's a deal from heaven anyway http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/AJGPFV6fUqUMQGAeyj/browse/item/71558/4/153/100

On its way to me Very Happy.

Time to get rid of that old bootleg Wink.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Webki wrote:

I agree. That is definitely an awesome aspect of your collection. I have been wanting to get those too. Your Twelve Kindoms novels rule.
cheezisgoooood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
This could possibly be the final update on my collection, at least for a while. Trigun being in my collection is an indication of my leaving the anime collecting world, as I don't think I have the financial stability to continue. I'd like to be responsible for the remainder of my cash so it's all going in savings.

Update now includes GitS 2nd Gig volums 1-6, Trigun 1-8 plus soundtrack, Death note volume 7, and you can't see it but Gankutsuou volume 6 just arrived so all artboxes full.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1349/newcollectionua8.jpg
Raiix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote
After seeing this topic I'm completely blown away...I've seen what anime box sets and such go for and, some of you guys must have spent thousands of dollars on your collections. Shocked
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you click my webpage link it actually goes to my DVDSpot page which has the details of my DVD collection. Total so far I've spent around $6.7k since I started buying DVD's which would amount to almost 1000 a year as I first started picking up DVD's when the players were insanely expensive and the entire DVD section at Best Buy was a rack in the middle of the aisle. It seems imposing but cut that down in to months and that's less than 100 a month, certainly no more than any other hobby most people have.

Of course, that page tracks all my DVD's, and while anime does acount for maybe a third of my collection that still a few thousand or more in anime. Doesn't bother me, it's all purchased in small quantities over time, like many things, if you tracked most expenses like video games or other hobbies in such a manner the numbers would likely seem excessive in that case as well.

I plan to update my collection pictures shortly, just need to get new batteries for my digital camera.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raiix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
What happens when Blue-ray or HD-DVD wins the new digital media format? Are you going to re-buy all your favorite anime shows? Surprised
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
No, since the anime wasn't produced in HD there would be no reason to as it's nothing an upscan DVD player couldn't produce already. There's simply no need, not to mention it's doubtful many older series will be rereleased in those formats.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Raiix wrote:
What happens when Blue-ray or HD-DVD wins the new digital media format? Are you going to re-buy all your favorite anime shows? Surprised
Heck no, I've spent enough money on them already Evil or Very Mad Aside from improved storage capacity and better audio/visual quality, there's nothing "great" about next-gen DVDs that really sets them apart from normal DVDs. Compare that to the VHS-DVD format change, where DVDs offered quick navigation, more video extras, multiple audio tracks, selectable subtitles, more episodes per unit, cheaper overall cost...there were real reasons to upgrade VHS --> DVD, whereas DVD --> next-gen DVD doesn't have such dramatic differences.
Raiix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Where do you guys get your anime collections? I've seen anime at best buy and other retail stores, but everything is incredibly expensive. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 86