• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN: SaiyanBloodline Style!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:33 pm Reply with quote
People grab ANN content and present it as their own all the time, but few do it with quite as much style as SaiyanBloodline. A clunky lil' interface offers easy access to a full plate of stolen content!

The "news track" offers spiced-up editions of ANN news, like this one:
Quote:
Dunno if you guys watch adult swim at all, but noticing the "rare" "new-content" and commercials they play from time to time, I stumbled on this T-Mobil thing that is totally wack.

A new Production IG-animated commercial for the T-Mobile Sidekick premiered last night on MTV and Cartoon Network. "Johnny Chase" is a series of eight commercials starring an "Anime-style" hero who escapes certain death while casually sending text messages and making dinner plans, and answering booty calls and shit. Johnny has a jaded past.. in particular, an unfortunate history of industrial espionage -_-U but his true intentions remain unknown after the first segment.

The fourth of the eight commercials may be viewed in the "theater" section of T-Mobile's new Johnny Chase website. Commercials 1-3 and 6-8 will be available in future weeks...

Looking for more? There's also Anime Q&A, though curiously, all of the questions are directed at some "Answerman" guy. If you want reviews of the week's releases, check out AniGuide. Alas, the intros are gone, along with any mention of who actually wrote the column.

A bit further down you'll find a release list with a familiar layout and content. Features, interviews, and a good number of reviews are also conveniently located on the ML. Among the other offerings is a comprehensive events list:
Quote:
Here is the list of anime events I promised. This is the list as far as i know. If there are more and i dont have them here, and you know (and have a sorce) please let me know so i can update it. I've listed all the websites that i could get. Hope this works out for you guys..

Also, i have an 04 and 05 list, but these are only a peek into what there will be. Some places let us know early. If you want them let me know, i'll post them as well

Sounds like he's real proud of the hard work he put into that list.

And finally, they're "working on a new project" related to anime music. They already have the anime and manga covered, so I guess it's the next logical step. I'll look forward to reading the new music column.

Bored? Head on over to SaiyanBloodline. But be warned: you may get a distinct sense of déjà vu.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:39 pm Reply with quote
rotfl! They even took the KUROSUFAIYAH! and broke it down by subject. And it's been around since late 2000....makes me wonder if the head honchos here at ANN know about it.

*shakes her head*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Yup, a good deal of déjà vu happened. I also see that they seem to have links to bit torrents to Cowboy Bebop and Samurai X, hmm, interesting.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Whaddaya know. Gosh, whoever writes the AniGuide must have a lot of time on their hands. A review of everything that's released that week? Odd..... I seem to have seen that somewhere before... Huh. Shelf Worthy, Rental Shelf, Perishable Items. Cute catch phrases. Remind me to use those sometime. Oh wait.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:46 pm Reply with quote
No, there is still something... in the Q&A, it says
Quote:
Welcome to Anime Q&A, here we answer questions that have been sent in via E-mail. All questions are answered by Ms. Answerman herself by Rebecca Bundy. If you have questions you'd like to show up here, please e-mail us and we'll see that it shows up. Thanks and enjoy!

Still, I find this whole site to be really disturbing. They have a lot of... gall to think they can pull this one off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:50 pm Reply with quote
sue sue sue sue sue sue sue
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:56 pm Reply with quote
As near as I can tell, this is the first clear instance of infringement:

11/9/2002

i'm sure we could dig up plenty of other infringing articles..

These are the steps we need to take regarding the copyright violation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:56 pm Reply with quote
He is so dead.

Quote:

Sue

I already told him to stop once.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:03 pm Reply with quote
SaiyanBloodline AniGuide 2.1 wrote:

If you buy/download anime, this column is for you. Within this post you'll find newly released titles and their prices as well as a brief review/description (and now pics of the box!). The title, "AniGuide" basically means Anime Guide. Hopefully this will give you a taste of what's out there, and whit what direction you should spend your money/download time. You should expect a new AniGuide every week. With the passing of time the old AniGuide will find its way in an archive under the past tab. This way you dun have to search through old posts to read any you miss. What about this weeks one?? Don't worry, your new up-to-date AniGuide will be available for easy access in the features section on the main page in the middle of the group front (mini site, some have dubbed it). Please feel free to reply and discuss anything you find interesting, boring, or flat-out-retarded on the message board..

Since the anime that are "reviewed by SaiyanBloodline" are licensed and sold in the US this seems to imply that they condone and support blatant piracy. Also since Cowboy Bebop and Samurai X downloads appear on their home page I would report them to the respective copyright holders. I would give their site about two-three days before it vanishes.

Edit: Link to quoted artical.
Delthayre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I am endlessly impressed by the foolishness and slipshod ethics of the internet. Not really surprised, yet still impressed.

The handling of KUROSUFIAYAH is simply amazing.

I rather dislike this. I quite expect the editorial staff to take sensible, orderly, BRUTAL (in the least choatic sense) action against this dubious fellow.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:16 pm Reply with quote
"The Answerman thing we did in the past is gonna be changed to "Q&A: title goes here". Same old thing, just a new way of showing it off"

hmmm....why the sudden name change?

I don't know weather to get mad at them or laugh at them...
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:16 pm Reply with quote
This is the lamest thing ever, even by Yahoo anime Groups standards. (I, very briefly, tried joining a couple of Yahoo anime Groups beck in the days when they were "Clubs", but they're pointless kiddy flame fests. These days the only anime-related Yahoo Groups to which I belong are ones that post scans of unlicensed hentai doujins, but... meh... I've found better sources than Yahoo Groups for those.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:17 pm Reply with quote
This makes me sick to my stomach. I hate the internet.

-Z
Rebecca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:30 pm Reply with quote
"Welcome to Anime Q&A, here we answer questions that have been sent in via E-mail. All questions are answered by Ms. Answerman herself by Rebecca Bundy. If you have questions you'd like to show up here, please e-mail us and we'll see that it shows up. Thanks and enjoy!"

Wow, it seems that I've been sleep walking and answering questions for this site. Might explain why I've been feeling tired lately...
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:55 pm Reply with quote
they aren't even consistent.

here thet claim to interview Dan Jolley

but here they give you guys credit.

you know what else is funny.

"© 2003
SBL 4.2"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2