• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordofNoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Honestly, the episode focusing on Orihime was one of the best of the series to date - and I'm not just saying that because she's always been my favorite character.

I agree with you, and Orihime's not on the list of favorite characters. It was one of the most emotional, given the impossible circumstances Orihime was in. You got a much better look at how human she is, rather than the ditsy and lollipop persona we see so often. It was better visualized that episode than anywhere else in the series, in my opinion.
troizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I was really enjoying the two latest episodes right up to the point where Chad reveals his ultimate attack "el directo". That has to be the lamest name for a killer attack.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
There was a new opening too, I was kind of getting sick of hearing Kon sing. Chad seems a lot stronger, though he seemed to show of a little to much and it seemed kind of stupic that spoiler[Chad chose to fight the fast guy he couldnt hit, and the other fought the big slow guy.] I also seemed to notice that Ichigo was acting just like his father. The trap bits were the best bits in the latest.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quote
Actually, the best bit for me was finally finding out what made Orihime's abilities special. She never has displayed the raw power or skill that the others have, yet in a sense she's one of the most powerful characters in the Bleach universe because she can do things that not even Captains or the Arrancar can do. (I'm not clear if her power is ultimately greater than that of the massive Vizored who has abilities of a similar nature, though.) My question now is: when are we going to get to see her in the costume she's depicted in during both the previous and the current opener?

And I was happy to see spoiler[the new #6 get offed, even if it was at the hands of Grimjaw instead of a Soul Reaper].

Sigh. Looks like we're in for a few episodes of hey-let-me-show-off-my-new-power dregs. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah Orihime's power, It wasinteresting that it was that powerful does that mean she can do it for team mates, and it was fast.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The trap bits were funny and loved how Chad was being the smart one and Uryu and Ichigo were the dumb ones. I will ask someone to explain the theories they had about Orihime's powers and the actual explanation of her healing powers.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
The way I understand it, she isn't really healing; she is nullifying changes made to something (in effect, returning it to its original state) by "rejecting" the changes.

Basically, instead of causing something to happen, Orihime negates something that has already happened. Makes her a bad attacker, but that's still a damn potent ability, especially if she ever develops it beyond just a healing scope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Key quotes:
Quote:
The way I understand it, she isn't really healing; she is nullifying changes made to something (in effect, returning it to its original state) by "rejecting" the changes
So, she essentially "repairs" it. Technically speaking, I believe reconstruction/repairing would fall under the related field of healing.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
So, she essentially "repairs" it. Technically speaking, I believe reconstruction/repairing would fall under the related field of healing.

No, look as the second way I said it. She doesn't "repair" anything. She resets things (in this case body parts) to the state that they would have been in had nothing happened to them in the first place. Rather than repair an injury, she removes the effect which caused the injury.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:24 am Reply with quote
Wasn't it kind of explained as almost reversing time, and space, they said it could remove the power of even a god and could be beyond one.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
Orihime is my favorite female character in the show because she's caring, really hot, cheerful, and wants to do the right thing. I am sad when she spoiler[confessed to Ichigo].[/quote]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Aizen said that Orihime wasn't reversing time, as was first suspected. (Reversing cause and effect is the same thing as reversing time).

Instead, Orihime seems to have the power of NEGATION: to make something cease to exist. More specifically, she seems to be able to make certain things cease to exist by rejecting their existance.

So, she doesn't heal by reversing time and causing wounds to reverse the process by which they were created. Instead, she rejects the existance of the injury, causing the injured area to return to its' previous state -- its' uninjured state.

Aizen doesn't know how she does this, which is what makes Orihime intriguing to him. It's not a power he's ever seen before and he wants to study it, and that means studying her.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quote
Tour_of_Gondolin says:
Quote:
Aizen said that Orihime wasn't reversing time, as was first suspected. (Reversing cause and effect is the same thing as reversing time).

Instead, Orihime seems to have the power of NEGATION: to make something cease to exist. More specifically, she seems to be able to make certain things cease to exist by rejecting their existance.

So, she doesn't heal by reversing time and causing wounds to reverse the process by which they were created. Instead, she rejects the existance of the injury, causing the injured area to return to its' previous state -- its' uninjured state.

Aizen doesn't know how she does this, which is what makes Orihime intriguing to him. It's not a power he's ever seen before and he wants to study it, and that means studying her.

I find it funny how Aizen is voiced by Kyle Hebert, who is also Naruto's Kiba. I find it funny because Kiba likes another character Stephani Sheh, Orihime's dub voice, plays, Hinata.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:

I find it funny how Aizen is voiced by Kyle Hebert, who is also Naruto's Kiba. I find it funny because Kiba likes another character Stephani Sheh, Orihime's dub voice, plays, Hinata.

Voice acting is a small world. Ms. Sheh also played the title role in Eureka Seven, where her character was romanced by Renton Thurston, played by Johnny Yong Bosch, who is Ichigo in Bleach. Also, Renton was originally played by Yuri Lowenthal before the E7 director decided he was too mature for the part. Lowenthal went on to play Suzaku to JYB's Lelouche in Code Geass. I'm too lazy to keep going until we hit Kevin Bacon, but you get the idea...
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
I guess we can give a warm welcome to The Hanatoro of Hueco Mundo: Nel Tu!...and company. Very funny stuff! Oh and :

spoiler["Just what are your intentions towards Itsugo?"] ---Best Line Ever Very Happy (and no, that wasn't a typo)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 96 of 107