• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large nginx

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:08 pm Reply with quote
The message that I titled this thread is what appears whenever I try to go onto ANN on my phone's web browser. Curiously, it still works on my laptop and in incognito mode on my phone. I can't imagine what's going on.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:01 am Reply with quote
Have you tried cleaning your browsing data (your cookies, cache, etc.)?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:14 am Reply with quote
If you use Incognito Mode on anything, it never uses/saves third party cookies by default. The downside is it won't remember your info and settings without them. Chances are, the particular cookie for ANN is overloaded, which has been a problem with the site for a while.

The bad thing about Chrome is that it's a pain in the butt to manage individual site cookies, so if you wanna' clear cookies at all, you usually end up clearing all of 'em (and for every site you've visited).

I actually use Firefox for ANN, as you can very easily clear individual cookies, and thus not risk messing with other sites'.

Anyway, if you decide you wanna' keep using Chrome, the solution is to clear your cookies. Just keep in mind, any other sites you frequent will probably have their settings cleared.

Depending on how much you visit ANN, you may have to clear them more often. Otherwise, you could try Firefox as a browser alternative. And if you want, I can teach you how to clear ANN's cookie in Firefox (with pictures!).
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:44 pm Reply with quote
SenpaiDuckie wrote:
Have you tried cleaning your browsing data (your cookies, cache, etc.)?

I tried my cookies. I'm gonna try the rest soon but the cookies alone didn't work.

Edit: Didn't work. Cleared the cache for all time. Guess it's time for an alternative web browser.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1