• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RSS Feed Not Updating

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:24 pm Reply with quote
The RSS feed is stuck, as it is not listing new articles from midday Feb 10 until now. The value of lastBuildDate confirms this.

animenewsnetwork.com/all/rss.xml?ann-edition=us
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:11 am Reply with quote
It started working again yesterday, though it seems a bit slow to regenerate (at the moment, there are three articles posted, including two from a few hours ago, that aren't in the feed yet). Then again, maybe it has always been that slow.

EDIT: never mind, as of midday Feb 13, the feed is half a day out of date.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:07 am Reply with quote
Now the feed is working (though it was a bit slow to update Saturday morning), except it includes every ANN article. Previously, the ann-edition=us parameter would be respected so it would only include articles that appear in the USA & Canada edition of the website. Instead, it appears to be showing articles from the World edition.

This is also a problem with other region-specific feeds. For example, ann-edition=in has both the recent Reincarnated as a Sword in India article and the Gunbuster on ITVX (United Kingdom) articles, even though it should exclude the ITVX article.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen an incorrect region-specific post in the feed lately, but the feed keeps getting stuck. It seems to get stuck on Sundays (which is currently still the case) and one other day mid-week (I'll update this post later with that day if it happens again).
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 am Reply with quote
The RSS feed stopped updating yesterday morning.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:01 pm Reply with quote
The feed stopped updating again this morning.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your perseverance.

After spending several hours debugging this I think it's finally solved, but honestly it was such a weird problem with no single clear reason... I'll be monitoring this to make sure it's really solved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1