• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ad issues

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dardre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:48 am Reply with quote
I've noticed that ads are now animated (causing performance issues), overlap with content in the side bar, overlap each other, and none of them are reportable. There are ads that expand when the mouse cursor passes over them, covering yet more content.

Is anyone on staff actually coming to the site as a visitor to see how these ads are acting live?

For now I'll just use adblock so that I can actually view the content without the distractions of 3-4 animated ads (often the exact same ad!).
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:02 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I was just coming to report the same thing, been seeing this for a few weeks now. These ads float over existing ads and triangle button in the top corner doesn't work so they can't be reported.

Here's an example, it's actually covering site content.

Here's what's underneath, you can see a black outline where the ad was.

I use a 4K display at 150% zoom in Chrome, here's what 100% looks like, note the extra floating top banner ad, same deal.

Both of these are video ads.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1