• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NGE1113

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:30 am Reply with quote
And the whole affair is now over for the night, with Episode 01 up and running. From what I've seen on the AoD Haruhi forum, the release date for the first volume of four is May 29th, and there will be a special edition involved. I'm trying to get the episode to play on my end, but the whole thing is buffering extremely slow at the moment.

EDIT: Finally finished watching the video. I don't know if it was the university server playing games with me or what, but the wait was ridiculous. Sorry, rant over.

I confirmed what posters on AoD remarked about earlier. The special edition appears to be an artbox which will have other unmentioned goodies. That was the extent of pertinent info revealed. It was kind of disappointing, but not surprising, that English cast info is still missing. I'm hoping that such information will be released sooner than later.

Last edited by NGE1113 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Nebs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
The special edition better have some really awesome goodies with it. I mean I'll most likely be buying it no matter what, but I want some extremely cool stuff to be in there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote
Gee, although I agree with it, I kind of thought their little fansub rant near the ending of that video was unnecessary. I mean, 99% of the people who would even bother to watch the video are going to be buying it anyway. They don't have to ruin the video by directly telling me to buy it or else they'll cease to exist...
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
It had its funny moments. It's like they're trying to "recapture" the magic of the magical waitress time traveler Mikuru-chan Ep. 00.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Gee, although I agree with it, I kind of thought their little fansub rant near the ending of that video was unnecessary. I mean, 99% of the people who would even bother to watch the video are going to be buying it anyway. They don't have to ruin the video by directly telling me to buy it or else they'll cease to exist...

I completely agree - I cringed at the fansub rant. While I do agree that not buying the R1 DVDs while continuing to download a series that has been licensed by an American licensor is disrespectful to the people who put hard work into animated productions, I don't think American anime fans not purchasing the DVDs will actually be taking food off of animators' tables. This is an overestimation of the foreign market for Japanese animation.

Anyway, other than that, the video was pretty funny and enjoyable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CGord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I didn't mind the fansub bit. The downloaders/R1 purchasers get thanked again in the credits.

Also, they just posted torrents for the two ASOS "episodes" on Txxxx Txxxx. Of course, I downloaded them. Laughing

(Wasn't sure if I'd get in ANN trouble for posting the site name.) :p
xX_sephiroth82123_Xx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
[Apparently Mr.Sephiroth here is still a little sore after getting torn apart by Cloud twice now and decided to take it out on our friendly ANN forum patrons. Unfortunately he'll have to clean his mouth out with soap for awhile before giving it another go as this post was completely unacceptable]

-Keonyn
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm getting bored with all this little gimmick anyway. It wasn't that well executed from the beginning but it was a fun and cool thing to do the first time around. However, to follow Bandai like a dog on a leash by watching "episode" after "episode" of tidbits of information is just not my idea of a good time.

The important news is that the show is coming! I'm still in glee long after the news is old!

[P.S. what's up with that troll above me?]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's great to know that this series is going to come out over here, finally. I was shocked though when I asked one of my friends who's an anime freak if he's seen the series yet, and he hasn't even HEARD of Haruhi Suzumiya.

[OT] We can all thank Tony K. now because due to his cleaning up the forums, this thread is now the largest thread in the ANN nation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I was shocked though when I asked one of my friends who's an anime freak if he's seen the series yet, and he hasn't even HEARD of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Unfortunately, the popularity of SHnY is restricted to Internet-savvy individuals (not necessary otaku or hikikomori). Most ippanjin ("normal people") still rely on TV heavily for anime information. This is the same all over the world: I asked the owner of my manga rental anout SHnY and none of them (two sisters and a brother) has heard about it. On the other hand, they told me that there's a sharp increase of Hana-Kimi rents after a live-action adaptation started airing on two channels in Taiwan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quote
New poll on the ASOS site. This time they have a really "important" question:

Quote:
Which character do you prefer to see in a bunny suit?

I voted for Haruhi because I have really liked some of the figures that have come out.

Now the question is, is this just a fun poll or might they be asking questions to see what extras they might add the the volume 1+artbox?
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quote
No Tsuruya in that poll? Damn, I like her so much in that bunny outfit. Anyway, I voted Haruhi, but thinking about it I should have voted Kyon. Just thinking about how he'd be happy to win a poll like that! And seriously Kyon in a bunny suit... Laughing
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
How can so many people vote for Haruhi?

Yuki in bunny suit. *drools*
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I was going to vote for Yuki but Haruhi looks better in a bunny suit, Yuki looks better in a cat suit. Wink
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to vote Kyon just to see his facial expression...no I am not gay...

Sarcasm.

I'd rather see Moe...I mean Mikuru.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 83 of 213