• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I.D. Evo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
There was info from a usually reliable site indicating that there will be a second season, but there has not been anything official.

Yah, that's what I read I was just curious if any of you had any... Er, predictions I suppose, on when/if there'd be a second season. I'm still pretty new to anime, as in, I've never had to wait for a second season or really know what kind of things are involved with it, so I was just wondering if any of you had any guesses about it.

Basically, something to start some conversation and have something to talk about Anime smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect it until the end of 2007 at the earliest. Kyoto Animation still needs to finish Kanon and they have another series after that.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Animefreak6969 wrote:
SWEET!! im going to order one right now.

For yourself? That'd be an interesting sight. Be sure to post some pictures when you get it. Anime hyper
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Animefreak6969 wrote:
SWEET!! im going to order one right now.

For yourself? That'd be an interesting sight. Be sure to post some pictures when you get it. Anime hyper

Heck ya, for me, they'll be on my myspace if i have pictures taken.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:00 am Reply with quote
How about you? Picking one up so you can cosplay at will and not have to rely on busy friends to help with the sewing? IIRC, you had some trouble back during Halloween because your friend who knows how to sew was too busy to help you with a costume. This one looks fantastic too.

I wish KyoAni would go ahead and let us all know when they plan to continue with Haruhi. They'd be stupid not to make more, but the waiting for an official statement is making me antsy. I'm a paranoid person by nature and tend to think about all possible scenarios, especially the worst case ones.

While I'm making wishes, I wish someone would hurry up and announce the license. I wish that Haruhi would hit big and bring in a whole new group of people into the anime fan base.

Most of all, I wish I had a girlfriend that was into cosplay. Anime hyper
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
While I'm making wishes, I wish someone would hurry up and announce the license. I wish that Haruhi would hit big and bring in a whole new group of people into the anime fan base.

Most of all, I wish I had a girlfriend that was into cosplay.

I almost totally agree with you there, im waiting to see how many people will truely be into Haruhi and how many will truely NOT like it....and then they'll get flamed at.

AND
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner cause that is what i truely wish to be.
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner so everyone would be inlove with me.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
How about you? Picking one up so you can cosplay at will and not have to rely on busy friends to help with the sewing? IIRC, you had some trouble back during Halloween because your friend who knows how to sew was too busy to help you with a costume. This one looks fantastic too.

Yeah, I'm going to be wearing this outfit to next year's Kawaii Kon. (My parents won't let me fly out-of-state to go to all the good conventions on the mainland. Anime cry ) I don't have a digital camera, but I'll have someone take a picture of me in costume when I get it. I'm pretty paranoid about putting pictures of myself on the internet, but I'll post the photos here so I can prove once and for all that I'm not an eighty-year-old Chinese man in panties living in his mother's basement that gets a kick out of pretending to be a little girl in anime forums.

Edit: Strange, has that particular crying-face emoticon always been there and I just never noticed it, or is it new?

Edit again: Neat, there's even a wig to go with it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote
The official website has been 404'ed! Shocked

http://www.haruhi.tv/

spoiler[Of course according to some of the novel readers, this corresponds to the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya novel.]
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
The official website has been 404'ed! Shocked

Look closely spoiler[at the "i" (information) icon. You'll see SOS-dan's watermark.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
So what's the deal with AnimeonDVD's main page and the page that the colored s' and o's link to? It's obviously Haruhi related, but doesn't really detail much on how, as in licensed or possibly or a fansite or what.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NGE1113

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
So what's the deal with AnimeonDVD's main page and the page that the colored s' and o's link to? It's obviously Haruhi related, but doesn't really detail much on how, as in licensed or possibly or a fansite or what.

There's a discussion about AoD's front page going on in their forums:
http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/15609/tp/1/

The first post in the AoD thread queried whether the current layout is a subtle hint of licensing, to which Chris Beveridge replied:
Quote:
I am the master of subtlety.

At the current moment, the impression I got from all this is that it could be a (not so) subtle licensing stunt.

The same poster also included a link to this site. Won't really know what the deal with it is until the posted dated occurs:
http://asosbrigade.com/

EDIT: clarification purposes
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
If it's any indication of it getting licensed, it's more likely that Kadokawa Pictures USA getting this one. Of course who's distributing it and dubbing it is another matter.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
There's no need for a hype. First, we all knew the license is being negotiated and will be announced in a near future; second, it's the second overseas license anyway Twisted Evil ; and third, no matter who the licensor will be, I don't think R1 DVDs would ever give out a collection of omake like these.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 77 of 213