• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaZ616

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
DaZ616 wrote:

You scanned your October issue of Megami? That issue was so popular and sold out immediately (in less than a week) while older issues (up to June) are still available today.

Yep i scanned it. But there was already the same pic of that on the net so yeh.

frouella wrote:
Webki wrote:
Daemonblue wrote:

DaZ616 wrote:
omar235 wrote:
Oh. all those pics were wierd and sick as hell...I'll second the request for Asahina and Haruhi pictures too...I too am into role playing...bunnies, cats.... Twisted Evil but seriously lets get some female pics since we have already put enough yoai Wink

All your request are answered
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/DaZ616/Haruhi_Group_-_35.jpg
Wink

-DaZ

All i have to say is...itadakimasu >_>

I think it'd be more appropriate to quote my avatar:

"DING DONG DING DONG!"

Yeesh, you guys; way to counteract the stereotypes, yo. Rolling Eyes

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of a well-drawn bishonen or two myself, but dude, Kyon's little sister was in that one picture. She's what, seven? That's attractive? I'm hoping most of the reaction is for the high schoolers she's surrounded by. And that's not exactly aiming high, either.

Not hatin', just sayin'...

Dont get me wrong, i just posted the pic at peoples request.

Webki wrote:
Getting off the topic of the hot girls of MoSH (Yes, I'm advocating we call it MoSH! At least it is pronouncible), has anyone watched all the Hare Hare Yukai videos on youtube.com? They have a couple that are pretty good. One of them is a complete claymation re-enactment of the ending. It's pretty good.

Yeh, i saw the clay re-enactment one. That was good. i also saw the 'flash', and the one with the Gundam models doing the re-enactment. Both funny and good aswell.

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
The 63-year-old man in this interview won the lottery. Notice what he's wearing? Wink
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
Has anyone watched all the Hare Hare Yukai videos on youtube.com? They have a couple that are pretty good. One of them is a complete claymation re-enactment of the ending. It's pretty good.

My personal favorites:
Scary guys in their underwear
Zombies
The Pink Power Ranger
Napoleon Dynamite

And while I'm at it, here are some of my other favorite live-action parodies of anime theme songs:
Crossdresser Sakura
Kodomo no Evangelion
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
The 63-year-old man in this interview won the lottery. Notice what he's wearing? Wink
It goes to show no matter how old you are, anyone can enjoy anime. How much money did the guy win anyway? There is a part where they say something about 5500 in the video. It occurs about 00:46 - 00:51 in the interview. Does anyone know what it says?

Yes, finally. Post number 100.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
Eh, I still like MoSH... heh. But it's good to know the Japanese equivalent has an acronym... to some extend.

I'm partial to MoSH myself... Mosh, mosh!!

Quote:
...Do the Japanese even have acronyms?

They tend to go with four syllable abbreviations instead, like KonoMini, KimiNozo, etc.
Webki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Yay! Another one!

Quote:
They tend to go with four syllable abbreviations instead, like KonoMini, KimiNozo, etc.

Ahh, that's what I would have figured.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
How much money did the guy win anyway?

100M Yen, about US$1M.

The Naked Beast wrote:
There is a part where they say something about 5500 in the video. It occurs about 00:46 - 00:51 in the interview. Does anyone know what it says?

That's the price of his house. Not sure if he's still on mortage or something, but 55M Yen has to go to the house first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
frouella wrote:
Webki wrote:
Daemonblue wrote:
DaZ616 wrote:
omar235 wrote:
Oh. all those pics were wierd and sick as hell...I'll second the request for Asahina and Haruhi pictures too...I too am into role playing...bunnies, cats.... Twisted Evil but seriously lets get some female pics since we have already put enough yoai Wink

All your request are answered
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/DaZ616/Haruhi_Group_-_35.jpg
Wink

-DaZ

All i have to say is...itadakimasu >_>

I think it'd be more appropriate to quote my avatar:

"DING DONG DING DONG!"

Yeesh, you guys; way to counteract the stereotypes, yo. Rolling Eyes

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of a well-drawn bishonen or two myself, but dude, Kyon's little sister was in that one picture. She's what, seven? That's attractive? I'm hoping most of the reaction is for the high schoolers she's surrounded by. And that's not exactly aiming high, either.

Not hatin', just sayin'...

I was in fact referring to the High school girls...don't worry im not a pedo...hmm...I guess MoSH is so popular in Japan they even wear when they win the lottery...
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
frouella wrote:
Kyon's little sister was in that one picture. She's what, seven? That's attractive?

Meh, don't want to get into the loli thing here but my answer to that would be spoiler[yes.] Now, unless you want to start another thread on this, I suggest we drop the subject, as it doesn't belong here.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
Webki wrote:
Eh, I still like MoSH... heh. But it's good to know the Japanese equivalent has an acronym... to some extend.

I like Mosh also.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:29 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

I like Mosh also.[/quote]

Hmmm... Mosh Mosh Mosh!!

That's pretty cool sounding... but I'm also pretty partial to the shinies....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:55 am Reply with quote
In this case the acronym should be MoHS, not MoSH, unless you want to create an impression that the ED dance is a type of moshing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Webki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:39 am Reply with quote
Well I was just keeping the Japanese name in the correct order, with the family name coming first. So it would be the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi... or MoSH.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:16 am Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
Well I was just keeping the Japanese name in the correct order, with the family name coming first. So it would be the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi... or MoSH.

It's either 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on EVERY official Japanese novel, DVD, CD, manga, artbook, fan guide, pencil board, poster, postcard, trading card, etc, etc.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
In this case the acronym should be MoHS, not MoSH, unless you want to create an impression that the ED dance is a type of moshing.

I know that should be the acronym... but then you'd have to pronounce it "mose" or something.
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Webki wrote:
Has anyone watched all the Hare Hare Yukai videos on youtube.com? They have a couple that are pretty good. One of them is a complete claymation re-enactment of the ending. It's pretty good.

My personal favorites:
Scary guys in their underwear
Zombies
The Pink Power Ranger
Napoleon Dynamite

And while I'm at it, here are some of my other favorite live-action parodies of anime theme songs:
Crossdresser Sakura
Kodomo no Evangelion

Those are...absolutely amazing. Thanks for the links. Laughing

...and I thought the Gundam one was bizarre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 65 of 213