• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nirvana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:

Ah yes. Browsing back through the episode, I noticed there is a picture that's a bit more of a....'close up'. I can't really see spoiler[ (although is it really a spoiler?) the mole, although there is a slight dark/smudgy spot that's probably it], but Kyon certainly can, especially if he decides to take an extra browse through later.

Am I missing somethign? What does spoiler[the mole ]have to do with spoiler[the future Mikuru]??
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
Mylene wrote:

Ah yes. Browsing back through the episode, I noticed there is a picture that's a bit more of a....'close up'. I can't really see spoiler[ (although is it really a spoiler?) the mole, although there is a slight dark/smudgy spot that's probably it], but Kyon certainly can, especially if he decides to take an extra browse through later.

Am I missing somethign? What does spoiler[the mole ]have to do with spoiler[the future Mikuru]??

Well, she spoiler[shows the mole to Kyon to verify her identity. When he says he didn't know about it, she says that he was the one who pointed it out to her (high school Mikuru), then realized he hadn't pointed it to HS Mikuru yet.] One might assume that due to this slip up, spoiler[Kyon goes back through the pictures more closely (there's one with a closeup of her chest with what might be a blur of the mole), and verify what just happened.]

The only reason I brought it up was that I was associating it with spoiler[future Mikuru asking Kyon not to get too close to HS Mikuru (in such a heartbroken voice) so my mind went to thinking they had an intimate encounter where he would have discovered the mole. But rather, it was just him checking out the pictures that he faked deleting.]
Nirvana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
OOOH THAT MOLE! I thoguth you were referring to the one on Kyons neck in a previous episode.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Which is funny because I ended up watching that episode again last night and when they showed that scene I kinda went: "huh, ironic? I don't think so. Rolling Eyes "

Once again though, it's probably going to be one of those things that can't really be forseen. Confused Guess we just gotta wait on that one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryozo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Finally! We got to see the long awaited arc of episodes 4, 5, and 6! Or at least the beginning of it anyway, and this week's episode was definately worth the wait. Not that I didn't enjoy the other episodes while waiting. Wink
spoiler[I really enjoyed the fight scene between Nagato and Asakura, although it was really, really unexpected. I did notice that she was gone in the later episodes though] but it's too bad that I didn't think much of it; I guess this pretty much explains it.
spoiler[And of course who could forget older Mikuru! Funny scene indeed. I was laughing pretty hard when Kyon backed up and said "Super-size me!" Lol!]
And we even get a hint about episodes 5 and 6, a pretty big hint in fact. I can't wait. Very Happy
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Actually, you've already been shown the answer to that question. Look again at the pictures of Mikuru. You know Kyon's going to, especially with what he has been told.
- abunai

I noticed that as I was watching. I was waiting on a quick flashback of the picure, but it never came. Interesting call.
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10 (this episode), was extremely good. And I can guess how the series will end:
spoiler[Kyon will kiss Haruhi to awaken her from the closed space, episode 6. What else would "snow white" mean? And what about the hints from the baseball episode, episode 7? Yeah, I believe in my theory this time. 14 episodes, 4 episodes left, this episode would make the best ending. The rest of the episodes would probably be the beginning of the closed space arc and the making of the movie/cultural festival.]

Thats my take. And I thoroughly believe in that. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
-gecko-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I was only focusing on the main characters in the show, but it occured to me that when Ryoko was interacting with Kyon, I felt like I had never met this character. But while reading this thread it seems that she should be familiar. What episode besides this one was she in??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Ryoko has been in the series since the second episode. Remember Taniguchi's choice for the best girl in they're class. Remember her rating of AA+? That was Ryoko.
-gecko-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
shadow_guyver wrote:
Ryoko has been in the series since the second episode. Remember Taniguchi's choice for the best girl in they're class. Remember her rating of AA+? That was Ryoko.

Ok, now that you mention it, I remeber that scene. That was about a 10 second appearance; are there any others? Sorry, I don't retain a whole lot of static background stuff...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
shadow_guyver wrote:

I had forgotten about her as well. Yeah, she was there, but she wasn't a very memorable character.

I'm looking forward to when that girl with the wierd speech pattern from the end of episode 9 (she also appeared in the film and in the baseball episode) shows up more and becomes friends with Kyon and the SOS-dan.
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Ryoko shows up more in that episode. When Haruhi starts changing her clothes in class, Ryoko was the one to close the door after the boys rushed out of the room. Also, when Taniguchi asks Kyon how he got Haruhi to talk to him, Ryoko shows up and asks Kyon to basically befriend Haruhi. I think at some point it's mentioned that she is the class captain. I'm not sure what other episodes she's in, though.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote
I dont think it made sense that Yuki (didn't?) have a personality but Ryoko did... if anything, it feels that it should be the other way around.
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:45 am Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
I don't think it made sense that Yuki (didn't?) have a personality but Ryoko did... if anything, it feels that it should be the other way around.

Yuki = machine lol

machines shouldn't have personalities.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
I don't think it made sense that Yuki (didn't?) have a personality but Ryoko did... if anything, it feels that it should be the other way around.

Did Ryoko really have much of a personality? She played the role of the responsible class rep. character, and that's about all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 213