• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[adult swim] officially announces FMA airdate

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emory

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fullmetal Alchemist

Adding to a month of anime premieres, Adult Swim will debut Fullmetal Alchemist in its Saturday Action block on Saturday, October 23. (Please note the date could change.)

Widely acclaimed and very popular in Japan, Fullmetal Alchemist is the story of two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, who live in a world where Alchemy can be used to transmute objects from one thing to another. Though prodigies of the art, they quickly learn the limits of their power when they attempt to resurrect their mother, costing Edward an arm and a leg and taking the entire body of the younger brother Al, who Ed is only able to save by binding his soul to an antique suit of armor. Now, outfitted with new metal limbs, Ed sets out with his brother on a quest to find the Philosopher's Stone, the only thing that can return their bodies to their original forms. An intense story tempered by lightheartedness, Fullmetal Alchemist manages to be comedic one minute and poignant the next.

Trailers for the series can be found at Funimation’s www.FullMetalAlchemist.com.

That's from the adultswim.com message board Announcements section.
Depression

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I think that it will do well on Adult swim, and that it is good that cartoon network will pick it up. This I reduce any editing if any is done. Very Happy Because I hate it when scenes are removed because the belief that they are to mature for younger audiences. Oh well what can you do except buy the DVDs. I would like to see how it does on Adult Swim.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
AUGH!!!!!

Why, why, oh why do they have to start it when school starts again?!

Oh right. It's Adult Swim. But still, there are college students, right?

-_-;

Summer is still looking up though. I hate all you stupid other counties that already are out of school. Stupid FCPS doesn't release us until the 18th of June. -_-;
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
AUGH!!!!!

Why, why, oh why do they have to start it when school starts again?!

Unless you have school on sunday, it's not too big a problem.
MrMollie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga and that was awesome, I have only seen a few of the anime eps though and I am looking forward to it, and hopefully this becomes a large-scale anime, since it is a good anime and could influence people a lot more than DragonBall Z and Pokemon could to the mainstream.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I can't wait to see it on tv. Hopefully they'll make as little edits as possible, but I wonder about some issues, like the first 2 or so eps that deal with religion.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
but I wonder about some issues, like the first 2 or so eps that deal with religion.

They never had much problem with Big O and all of Schwarzwald's ramblings about God. And the only edits Trigun got were for guns being held to people's heads; they never cut anything related to Wolfwood or Chapel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I'll be on the lookout for it. I'm not a big fan of Funi's dub work, but with this kind of promotion, it should be a big seller. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Fandrez

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Good thing, even if there are edits, FUNi will sell UNCUT versions of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I am just happy this show was licensed! Surprised It looks really good!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Are they going to dub the opening instead of putting new music in? It would really suck if they put something like "The Alchemist Rap"
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Are they going to dub the opening instead of putting new music in? It would really suck if they put something like "The Alchemist Rap"

I think that they will just switch the ending to song to the opening song and etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Fandrez

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
On Cartoon Network, they don't show the openings or the endings of the anime, same for as Adult Swim. I'm not 100% sure because I don't have cable. Embarassed They might show the endings, I don't remember.
Anime-Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen 12 episodes of that anime, and I felt it was the best new anime I watched when getting into fansubs.

To bad I didn't get more before it got licenced, but oh well.

This should be intresting airing on adult swim, and curious about how they will deal with some parts(ex: the infamous chimeras death)

Guess cant blame FUNI on licening some that can make them somewhat big bucks. Guess shortly after it's aired; most will think science is so much fun.
Zeler

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:45 pm Reply with quote
MrMollie wrote:
I read the manga and that was awesome, I have only seen a few of the anime eps though and I am looking forward to it, and hopefully this becomes a large-scale anime, since it is a good anime and could influence people a lot more than DragonBall Z and Pokemon could to the mainstream.

I believe that they're planning 56 episode right now, though it might be 52. Either way, there's a hell of alot of FMA coming our way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2