• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
UK Gov Urges Ban On Child Abuse Images

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:22 am Reply with quote
HAHA!!, no more fake child abuse, its exactly like the real thing but not. So we NEED to stop it, so..........read the post
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so does this mean that you could get arrested simply for owning DVDs and fansubs of shows like Higurashi and Elfen Lied? What a silly law, I’d certainly hate to live in the UK if this news is true.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Don't care, tell me when they decide to ban Top Gear for it's petrol-head antics.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Wait, so does this mean that you could get arrested simply for owning DVDs and fansubs of shows like Higurashi and Elfen Lied? What a silly law, I’d certainly hate to live in the UK if this news is true.
I think it will make the more explicit versions illegal to own. Higurashi hasn't been licensed for the UK yet, but we now have Elfen Lied, and that means they will put a bigger brighter warning on it should the government decide on how they would go about it. Keep in mind this is only a proposal to be tabled Just tabling it will take all next year and then some. Lots of proposals are put forward, but usually fad away quietly if there is more pressing matters on table already, like surviving the latest scandal of the month. Also an election looms next year so lots of these "airing my opinion on perceived burning issues of society" headlines will be popping up. Rolling Eyes

Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Don't care, tell me when they decide to ban Top Gear for it's petrol-head antics.
Aww. I enjoy watching the British equivalant of The Three Stooges, make total prats of themselves talking conplete bollox about petrol guzzling penis extentions, I still think letting "the hamster" drive that rocket car was a covert action. They never made that much fuss when the first Stig drowned after he drove that old Jag off the end of the aircraft carrier. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1