• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Techinical Questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwoo_2002

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote
Basically i want to buy legit japan dvds from amazon.co.jp but i don't own a credit card, (for those i the UK) i own a visa electron card and i was wondering if this would still pass as a visa card.

Any feedback would be great thanks.
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...CD Japan seems to accept Visa Electron, and their site is actually in English. What, exactly, is the difference between Visa Electron and a regular Visa card?
nwoo_2002

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote
i really have no idea the only thing really is that one is a debit card and one is a credit card.
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
nwoo_2002 wrote:
i really have no idea the only thing really is that one is a debit card and one is a credit card.

If it's a matter of difference between a credit and debit card, then the debit card should still work. The routing and account numbers function the same on debit cards and credit cards, only instead of going to an account directly with a credit card company, instead it goes to your account with your bank.

You could always try a sample order (of something you like, so when it ships you're not disappointed) with the Electron/debit card and the worst that will happen is it'll decline it.

Drew "Suiko" Sutton
http://akibaren.blogspot.org
Area88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quote
When i had a Visa Electron, most online retailers accepted it.

The only way to find out is to try.

Like another user has already posted, CD Japan is a great alternative that i actually prefer to use over Amazon.jp
nwoo_2002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote
I tried cd japan but they didn't (or i don't think) that had what i wanted. I've done an order through amazon.co.jp and it seems to have gone through. Incidentally if anyone knows where i can get jyu oh sei dvds (japanese not hong kong) then i would be grateful , its already cost me 60 pound for just 6 episodes.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote
You could try YesAsia as well.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I would recommend yesasia, as they offer free shipping to the UK and they also pay any import duty for you, however they only accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and JCB (whatever that is). You can pay by paypal however, and you can pay into paypal direct from your bank account or using Electron so you may be able to do it that way,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1