• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - Best Bankai?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackTsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Well Bleach is for me atm the best anime i have saw in my life, and i wanna know your opinions about wha shinigami have the best bankai and why u choosed it

Well i have 3 in mind, in this order

1) Kurosaki Ichigo - OMFG his black sword is so freakin awesome, and his clothes.. dam it ZANGETSU !!, nice speed, too many shumpas ( or shompa w/e i dont remember xD)

2) Kuchiki Byakuya - SenbonZakura Kageyoshi.. One thousand of sword holy crap, the flowers that appear in his bankai are also cool

3) Hitsugaya Toushiro - If u didn't saw the fight between Hitsugaya and Ichimaru, YOU MUST SEE IT !! ice power dam, and also Hitsugaya vs "The Fat and Big" Bount xD
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
It's Shunpo.

My favorite would have to be Bakuya's, that flurry of petals is just too damned cool.

Ichigo's is kinda cool too in its own way, but it's very simple.

I also love Renji's particularly in videogames where it's pretty beast.

Worst bankai? That creepy dude with the giant baby. Weird.
patch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote
How bout [spoiler] tags for those who haven't seen this yet (US version is no where close!)
SmashRackets4Fun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I like the big baby looking bankai after he murders that big fat wooden whale that was pretty badass...
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
How bout [spoiler] tags for those who haven't seen this yet (US version is no where close!)

Then the entire thread would be black. Wouldn't a spoiler note for the first episode number in the title be more productive?

I'm sure everybody agrees on the creepiest. None of the other ones have wowed me enough to claim them as best though.
deepon05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I thought that Renji's was pretty cool with how the skeleton broke into pieces and changed attack accordingly. But then again who needs bankai when your oozing out energy like Kenpachi. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
I kinda liked Tosen's (the blind/black guy), he trapped you in a little dimension where ALL of your senses were useless.

and then of course Ichigo's Nazi hilt sword

and then Soifon's poison little poky finger of DOOM!!! (although i dont like IT, i like it on her)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
naeblis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quote
To be fair to Ichigo's sword, the Nazis weren't the first to use the swastika. I know that it has at least one other meaning in Buddhism where it is a symbol of peace. Though why it would be on the hilt of a sword even than is beyond me.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
why would we be fair to his sword? and I've been through history and know that BUT it wouldnt be as famous as it is without the Nazi's sooo........its a nazi sword
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote
But its origin is still in Buddhism and that probably the more familiar meaning in Asian cultures.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quote
NAZI SWORD!!!!!!!!!!! yaa....thats probably true.....now you done went and destroyed me love for Ichigo's sword....
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
But its origin is still in Buddhism and that probably the more familiar meaning in Asian cultures.

Not sure about Buddhism, but definitely Hinduism, as it's an integral symbol for the religion and means love and harmony.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quote
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
Locking this for the poor grammar in the opener and the one-liner/list-like replies. While I really like Bleach and the concept of Bankai, I think the topic can be discussed and executed much better than this if you're any kind of fan of the franchise.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1