• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eyeshield 21.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quote
Has anyone else seen this anime (or at least read the viz manga and been interested in it) it's my personal favorite sports anime I've watched so far, many LoL-moments and lovable characters. I would love to see this show get a U.S. release, but it's all heresay right now.
MilkManX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
I read the Manga preview in Shonen Jump and liked it alot. I didn't know there was a Anime version out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:35 am Reply with quote
MilkManX wrote:
I read the Manga preview in Shonen Jump and liked it alot. I didn't know there was a Anime version out.

Yea, that's actually what turned me on to it too. Very, very good art for a sports manga. Story can't help but be the sort of stereotypical cliched underdog vs. everyone category, but it's done very well.

Anime is on ep 59 I believe. I highly recommend it.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
The anime is good, but I'd recommend the manga instead, as there's a huge gap between "pretty good anime" Eyeshield 21 and "one of the best manga available in English" Eyeshield 21.

I'm not disappointed in the Eyeshield anime, but it feels pretty sloppy at times. It's a good watch, but the manga is just a different level of quality.
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I was introduced to the manga by a friend and after my initial skepticism (I don't particularly care for sports, and I never really understood American football) I decided to read it. It's now one of my favorite manga series, holding a prize place on my short list.

As for the anime...what I've seen is fun, and the music is wonderful, but in the end it lacks real consistency in the animation. Some of the episodes I've seen have been great, but others were just sort of so-so. If it were brought to the US I'd at least be interested in seeing more of it, but I don't know that the anime would make its way into my collection.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
suna_suna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I cannot access the anime, but i have seen it on my brothers computer. the animation is, unfortunatley, at times a little worse then some of the other animation in the show. the music is awesome and the characters are just fun to watch.

i collect the manga, and it is also very good. high quality and funny. if you want to see everything the series has to offer, try to see both the anime and the manga.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote
Excellent anime. I've just recently started it and am currently at episode 40. Glad there are over 100 episodes left.
I don't have any favorite character yet (besides the protagonist, of course).
Mamori is the kind of childhood friend I've always wanted! Oh my god, why are shonen protagonists so lucky.

Pretty convenient to watch it on CR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1