• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OVA user error

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OVA hasn't even been released yet, but already 61 people claim to have seen it and 18 have rated it. As I recall, there was a similar issue with the Ah! My Goddess TV series before it aired and the ratings and "seen" designations were removed.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
For casual fans it can be an easy error to make if the only difference is that one is TV while the other is OAV. I need to add something that says "this other anime has a similar title; are you sure you are rating the correct one?"

And then if the user still gives a rating for an anime that isn't available yet, that's a good way to detect clueless users and silently ignore all of their ratings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1