• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood: Is it gory?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm considering buying Trinity Blood when it comes out here in the U.S. Could someone tell me if it really gory? I have to admit I don't like being really scared and I have the world's weakest stomach. (Why with that, I'm a CSI addict, I don't know!)

I do like Sailor Moon, Scrapped Princess, Fullmetal Alchemist & Inu Yasha.

But, I have also enjoyed: Ceres, Eight Clouds Rising, X (both) & Mirage of Blaze.

I was going to get Speedgrapher but something written in another thread made me change my mind.

Two others I'm also consideing are Negima & Loveless.

Thanks to everyone in advance Exclamation Smile
Vortextk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm about a third way into the series. So this is in no way a conclusive Yes/No to gory but so far, it's kind of tame.

Decent amount of blood, in some scenes. It doesn't(so far) have big fights and lots of death, yet. Nothing horribly bad besides the blood and whatnot.

I've seen enough CSI to say that you should be fine in the gore department with Trinity Blood.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I'm considering buying Trinity Blood when it comes out here in the U.S. Could someone tell me if it really gory? I have to admit I don't like being really scared and I have the world's weakest stomach. (Why with that, I'm a CSI addict, I don't know!)

I do like Sailor Moon, Scrapped Princess, Fullmetal Alchemist & Inu Yasha.

But, I have also enjoyed: Ceres, Eight Clouds Rising, X (both) & Mirage of Blaze.

I was going to get Speedgrapher but something written in another thread made me change my mind.

Two others I'm also consideing are Negima & Loveless.

Thanks to everyone in advance Exclamation Smile

does the name not imply a decent amount of violence?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Not necessarily.

Just because a word is in the title, doesn't mean it directly affects the show.

What I'm looking for is: Does the show do a tiny trickle of blood out of the out of the corner of a character's mouth as they die, is it the over-the-top type blood such as the fight scene between the Bride and the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill or is it blood running down the wall, between the floorboards, off the camera lens and makes you throw up.

So in a way, violence and blood can be relative.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:36 am Reply with quote
Yes it is gory. It gets quite bloody, gory, and violent at times. Not as much as say ulta-violent anime like Berserk or Hellsing.

There are instances of severed limbs, blood gushing wounds, murder, etc.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:
Yes it is gory. It gets quite bloody, gory, and violent at times. Not as much as say ulta-violent anime like Berserk or ELFEN LIED OR GANTZ Hellsing.

how those two can be left out as violent i dont know.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
TheVileOne wrote:
Yes it is gory. It gets quite bloody, gory, and violent at times. Not as much as say ulta-violent anime like Berserk or ELFEN LIED OR GANTZ Hellsing.

how those two can be left out as violent i don't know.

Maybe he's never watched it before? Or maybe he couldn't think of those titles off the top of his head. Besides, Hellsing was more violent and gory than either of those titles you mentioned.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
NyuuChan wrote:
TheVileOne wrote:

how those two can be left out as violent i don't know.

Maybe he's never watched it before? Or maybe he couldn't think of those titles off the top of his head. Besides, Hellsing was more violent and gory than either of those titles you mentioned.

Was it really? I read the manga; was the anime really that much worse? because, comparing those to the manga, Hellsing was nothing....
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
No, Hellsing definitely had more blood and gore. That's was the entire purpose of the anime. Elfen Lied was more dramatic about it, not necessarily "more". Gantz was more detailed.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
One of the reasons why I'm asking is that I buy Newtype and they really make the various anime look fun and interesting (which is their job, of course) but when I find a preview of it, it doesn't seem to match what what written by Newtype.

That's why I thought I'd ask. Sometimes (most times) it's easier to trust people who have actually seen it, than trust the magazines.

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
No, Hellsing definitely had more blood and gore. That's was the entire purpose of the anime. Elfen Lied was more dramatic about it, not necessarily "more". Gantz was more detailed.

i think the confusion stems from the fact that hellsing was done a few years earlier, and EL had much more colorful art. thats why it looks more gory to me i believe, redder blood, and more of it.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Trinity Blood isn't that gory. It's violent, but not in a sense that would gross you out.

I would recommender Speedgrapher over Trinity Blood though because the story is a lot more interested, but it has a lot more mature content.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1