• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in Movie Theaters?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minim4l

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:50 am Reply with quote
What anime would you want to see in a movie theater and would you be willing to pay for it?

personally I think it would be sick to see some animes on a big screen! Twisted Evil
jousha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
Well, I wanted to see Howl's Moving Castle, but I don't think that reached wide release. So, I'd watch any of Miyazaki's upcoming films in theater just because of his capturing story and visuals.

Other stuff I wouldn't mind seeing in theater would be the Full Metal Alchemist movie, and other movies from series that I watch.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote
I think they should re-air the Final Fantasy Movie and generate some revenue to re-open that Sony Studio thing that was closed down due to the losses of the movie
Assassin_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quote
jousha wrote:
Well, I wanted to see Howl's Moving Castle

Same, but I missed it cos there was nobody else who wanted to see it who I new at the time. I met someone who went to see it and thort it was grate about a month after it left the cinema >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
I think they should re-air the Final Fantasy Movie and generate some revenue to re-open that Sony Studio thing that was closed down due to the losses of the movie

You dont reair a movie that bombed so badly that it resulted in the closing of a studio. Rather, re-screen/screen something people actually want to see and would you know, pay to see.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
camelot187757 wrote:

You don't reair a movie that bombed so badly that it resulted in the closing of a studio. Rather, re-screen/screen something people actually want to see and would you know, pay to see.

Yeah, I don't know if I'm right, but I think the reason that Advent Children got little theater releases was because of Spirits Within. Although this title definately really made me disappointed with Square, I still bought it. .... and have only watched it twice in.... 3 or 4 years... I can't remember. I think Advent Children was able to pick up some of what was lost because of Spirits Within... well, in Japan, anyway.

I would love to see more movies in theaters. I remember when I got the Cowboy Bebop: KoHD movie, I would have loved to see that on the big screen, but alas, I live in areas where they don't put anime in theaters... another movie that would be nice to see on screen would be... wow. Laughing Advent Children. Anime catgrin
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Hell even I would drag my sorry butt to see advent childeren! even if it would cost me 15 to get there and 15 to get home...plus ticket costs,Advent childeren they should effort into FF:SW was a moronic attempt to cash in on the name.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
minim4l wrote:
What anime would you want to see in a movie theater and would you be willing to pay for it?

personally I think it would be sick to see some animes on a big screen! Twisted Evil

Next time you start a thread like this, please be so courteous as to provide your own opinion to start things off. As the person starting the thread, it's only expected that you be the one to get the discussion started, and not pass that duty off to someone else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ucnslowdnce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quote
I remember seeing Cowboy Bebop in NYC around my birthday when it had its limited run. I think the tickets were something like $10, but that's New York for you. Let me tell you, it was an awesome experience. Definitely one of the highlights of my life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Assassin_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
FF:SW was a moronic attempt to cash in on the name.....

I actaully didn't think it was that bad. True, it wasnt what youd expect judgin on the FF games, but it was an ok film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1