• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood in you oppinion.....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the 1st 2 episodes of this show, and I felt the urge to talk about it. Although they had nothing in common, storyline wise, I was loving every second of the show. Grant it since it is the 1st 2 episodes that the story won't devlope 2 much, it is more of a chector introduction, From what i have seen it somewhat reminds me of hellsing.

The whole, Good vampire fighting with humans agist the eivle in the world. With that aside, it is also completly different from Hellsing, because of the way the people act/personalities in this show.

All in all i belive I'm going to enjoy this show.

If you are curently watching it, or have watched it, tell me what you thought of it.

*Side note: please use the spoiler option if you are going to reavel heppings of the show.
El Oso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
Having watched the entire series I thought it was fairly good, but nothing spectacular. I found the ealier episodes a bit weak, but as the series progresses you get more action and plot. One of the things that hindered the show for me though was Abel's character. I was expecting the mood to be darker and more serious, but his bumbling idiot Vash wannabe side really kills it. The same goes for the whiny, annoying Pope. Though there is some character development for him later in the series, he's still equally annoying throughout. So, for me the episodes without, or very little of, Abel or the Pope were more enjoyable. ^^ As for the ending spoiler[It's the typical big showdown, and it's not conclusive. Just sort of... meh.]

Also, I really liked the OP song. I was hoping Gonzo would eventually make an original OP animation like with Speed Grapher. Unfortunately it never came to pass. Crying or Very sad
2Real

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quote
It is funny you mention the "Vashside" of him because I noticed it too. It is something that can be anoying, yet also brings comedy to the show.

So from your statement i can predict that the show basicly stays at the same pace, as disapointed as I am to find out it dosent get too series, prehaps the comedy can make up for it.

From what I have seen i do still enjoy the show and will continue to watch it, considering the fact there're not many animems that I won't finish.
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:23 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching this a few hours ago, actually. Overall, the series turns out completely different from Hellsing.

It's really as much a drama as it is an action show. I'd say it definitely exceeds Hellsing in terms of animation quality, which remains excellent throughout the series. It has a decent plotline, though it gets...frustrating at times; there are several side stories that don't get explained well if at all. The characters are good; the only one that really pissed me off was the Pope's brother (Cardinal Medici), mainly because he's a militaristic jerk. Music-wise, I dislike that the ending theme was sung in English by a Japanese singer, but I liked both themes; they were quite appropriate for the series. I thought the in-episode music was excellent, especially the organ theme when Father Abel becomes...well, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but wants to.

To anyone who HAS seen the whole thing...did you feel the ending was sort of premature? I don't know, I felt they sort of left it too open without explaining what the hell happened. Anyone else get that feeling?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quote
I found it to be the worst of the Gonzo trio that came out around the same time. And the ending really killed the series.

Of the three that came out Speed Grapher was the best, and it is also the most under rated of the three.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:21 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I found it to be the worst of the Gonzo trio that came out around the same time. And the ending really killed the series.

Of the three that came out Speed Grapher was the best, and it is also the most under rated of the three.

what's the third?

this has the honor of being the first series i ever quit in mid-run. after 7 episodes, i just couldn't take it any more. the dialogue sucks, the characters are walking cliches, and the plot is freaking boring beyond definition. if there was at least a little action, i might have stuck around a bit longer, but they couldn't do that right. everything about it just screams "Budget".

Last edited by v1cious on Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Urb'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:33 am Reply with quote
This is was one of my 1st anime series i watched, watched 1st 12 episodes and then took a break from it..
Although the beginning is slighly poor, it did pickup pace later on i think as i thought for the 1st few episodes is was just going to be, bad dude vs Abel and abel does his thing, end of episode.

I was slighly confused at the end of the series as there was still alot of unanswered questions.

I liked this series but there alot more could have happened imo.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:01 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

what's the third?

Baslisk is the last of the trio.
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I was slighly confused at the end of the series as there was still alot of unanswered questions.

Yeah. I'm not really defending the creators here, because I think they messed up, but I think they probably just wanted to keep that air of mystery around Abel and his...abilities. Maybe they'll create a sequel to this series that follows Abel in his further adventures or something.

I really wish they had given Father Hugue a more important role...he was the shit.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote
A very good premise with a mediocre execusion. The overpowered uber vampire in this case feels more like some DBZ power up for a quick win. No clear ending, lackluster romance and the comedy is pretty barebones. Its not BAD, but its not good either.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

what's the third?

i don't know, i thought Basilisk was really good. too much fanserrvice, but still...

Last edited by v1cious on Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

what's the third?

i don't know, i thought Basilisk was really good. too mucn fanserrvice, but stil...

I go Speed Grapher, Basilisk, Trinty Blood. But that is just me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1