• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/stay Night anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I dont know maybe im just jaded but so far Tsukihime just seems better to me. Just grabbed me more granted I've only seen one of Fate Stay night. I do plan to watch more because I really like Type-Moons stuff.

I guess its just more humor and less horror compared to Tsukihime. (so far)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
i'll say one thing right now: this show has GREAT animation. probably the most visually impressive show to come along in awhile.

i agree though, that was really boring for a first episode. hopefully it gets better along the way.

Last edited by v1cious on Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Berselius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I thought that first episode was very well done. Sure, I can't compare it to Tsukihime because I have yet to see it, but as a standalone work I thought it was a good first ep. It avoided what many first eps do (rushing the story to try to hook the veiwer but instead leaving them confused) and instead attempted to flesh out Shirou's character so when the real story starts, we get a better idea of what is motivating him.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote
So I take it then the series has started airing then. Due to the liscensing announcement on this one by Geneon my usual source hasn't picked it up and probabally won't.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Berselius wrote:
I thought that first episode was very well done. Sure, I can't compare it to Tsukihime because I have yet to see it, but as a standalone work I thought it was a good first ep. It avoided what many first eps do (rushing the story to try to hook the veiwer but instead leaving them confused) and instead attempted to flesh out Shirou's character so when the real story starts, we get a better idea of what is motivating him.

Not to mention the series is alleged to have twice the episode count. They're pacing things slower and giving the show more room so as to hopefully not end up excluding the metric ton of sidestories and characters that were abandoned in the scant, rushed, 13-episode Tsukihime anime.

So far, I'm loving this show, but I'm still rather concerned about the fate (no pun) of my favourite Type-Moon character. Rider spoiler[doesn't typically last very long in two of the game's three scenarios (like, we're talking dead within the first five episodes if the show's literally adapting one of the three), and for the series to off her as early as the game usually does would put a major dent in my ability to enjoy it.] Ah well, there's still Rin, I guess. And this episode's already making Archer a fast favourite, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
oh well if it 26 eps that would explain the slowness. well from the next ep preview looks like ep 2 will be alot better.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit disappointed that Saber only appeared as a silhouette (at least, I'm pretty sure that was her in the beginning), but I'm glad that they are working on setting things up. If it's going to be 24-26 episodes, I don't have a problem with taking time to set things up.

I liked the Tsukihime OP more, but other than that, it's too soon to compare it to Tsukhime.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting a lot from this anime; I just hope the hype is worth it. Tsukihime was definitely too short and I'd hate to compare Fate/Stay with Trinity Blood, where the animation was great but the story sucked.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
That shouldn't be a problem as they have the entire story already available; they just need to animate it.

I haven't seen Trinity Blood, but I know that it was based off of a novel series that was incomplete and shall remain incomplete as the author died. And Gonzo is not known for making up good endings.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
That shouldn't be a problem as they have the entire story already available; they just need to animate it.

I haven't seen Trinity Blood, but I know that it was based off of a novel series that was incomplete and shall remain incomplete as the author died. And Gonzo is not known for making up good endings.

Atari.

I don't know why there are retarded series out there that can't correctly label what a season is. Really, forget what the technical definition is - Tsubasa Chronicle shouldn't be separated into 3 seasons when it's only 60-something episodes. Same for a lot of other anime.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Alright, episode 1 was the slow, introduction episode. Episode 2 is the grabber episode; the action scenes seriously went up the notch. spoiler[What happened is that while Emiyo Shiro was cleaning the archery dojo, Rin and her servent Archer were battling against their first opponent Lancer. Archer and Lancer put up a hard fight, but then Shiro noticed the battle. Lancer noticed Shiro as well and left the battle to kill him (they're not supposed to be any witnesses during the battle).

Lancer succeded.

Then Rin came and used her magic jewel to revive Shiro back to life. Shiro became dumbfounded on how he survived and went back to his place. Rin and Archer just realized that Lancer will know that Shiro is alive so they quickly went there, but Lancer got to Shiro's place first. Shiro tried to defend himself against him, but Lancer cornered him again. Just as he is about to kill him, a magic circle appeared and a blonde-haired warrior named Saber came about. Saber was supposedly the most powerful servent there is so she was able to repel Lancer off the vicinity. The episode ended where Saber asked Shiro whether he's her master.
]

I have to say, the action scenes were unbeliveably dynamic and just a joy to watch. spoiler[Archer put up a good fight with his double daggers, but Lancer is a serious badass! He takes no shit to no one, and shows absolutely no mercy. Next episode let's see what Saber is capable of! ] Razz
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote
the second episode of this was really good. the art went down a notich though.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3! Pure non-stop action GOODNESS......well sort of. Rolling Eyes

spoiler[This episode was pretty crucial since it explained the rules of how the Holy Grail War works; this happened for about 2/3rds of the episode. I thought it would get a bit boring, but hearing Jouji Nakata's creepy voice along with the BG music by Kenji Kawai really made it worthwhile.

Next episode, a confrontational battle against Ilya and her servent Berserker!]

I have to say, this is one interesting and facinating approach to your normal shounen action tornament battles mixed with your usual PC game elements (I'm predicting some romance to bloom). I'm starting to see why this series is getting a lot of buzz (and yes, I bet it's because of the girls as well Surprised).
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I didn't get into Tsukihime till episode 4 so I'd be happy to allow Fate/Stay to screw up till episode 8 if it's going to be as good as Tsukihime. Not that it will since I'm expecting a lot. Anime smile
daristar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
So far this one has me really hooked. Although I agree I expect some type of romance to bloom, I just wonder how many people it'll involve.

Ah well just need to wait for #4
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2