• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quote
After a long dry spell consisting mainly of Naruto, Yakitate and Eyeshield 21 (which - E21 - I came to really like) I have finally found a series I "got into".
To be honest, when I first saw the title of this anime, I thought that the anime page started hosting movies (as Trinity Blood reminded me of Blood: Trinity) but after a quite interesting description at AnimeNfo and a couple of fansub episodes I can safely say that I have found a rare gem.

The story starts off quite interesting. Humanity has suffered Armaggedon which, as stated in the first episode, was brought down by themselves. Then, the Vampires started a war against humanity. Which in this series is really innovative as the Vampires are acting like a regualr army here, piloting war-ships, forming real life armies with armor and weapons etc. In the begginign of the series we are witnessing the middle of the human-vampire war. Both sides had taken their stand and are attackign each other whenever the situation arises.
The really cool part is the setting. It reminds me of the game Arcanum, as it binds a fantasy based character system (vampires, priests, knights etc) with a more modern, Vern`ish steam punk feel and a technocratian military outburst of rifles, machine guns and massive, Zeppelin like war machines. The CG in Trinity Blood is amazing! The ships, the weapons and all other stuff looks Great! It fits so well in the background, you wont even think it is computer generated.

The next great thing about Trinity Blood is the great animation. It is, with minor exceptions, flawless. The characters move in a realistic manner, especially during the fights. There is nothing left to say, its is just plain Great.

And the next great thing is the Plot. Whoa, I thought the vampire genre has been exploited to the end, but it turns out you can still put them in new situations. I dont really liek to make any spoilers, but the background to the story is what makes the series alive. The young, inexperienced and easily manipuilated Pope, the secret organisations that hide in the shadows, Vatican armies, world conflicts, it feel So Alive! And all in this "modern medieval setting".

Plus, some people may notice strong influences from other anime series like Hellsing, Scrapped Princess and Berserk, and maybe some from american movies! Movies such as Blood and most noticibly Equilibrium (some scenes seem literally taken out of this great movie). All in all it makes the series more fun to watch, trying to pick out all of the influences Smile

I can tell you one thing: check out Trinity Blood. If you watch it with an open mind I am sure you will love it. The dialoges may be dry at some points but in many cases they are every intelligent and the speedy action doesnt let the series drag like some many other before it. I highly recommend Trinity Blood.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote
i've watched this for about 5 episodes now hoping it would get good, but i'm about ready to give up. this show bores the crap out of me.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i've watched this for about 5 episodes now hoping it would get good, but i'm about ready to give up. this show bores the crap out of me.

Yeah, it's good...but somewhat boring. I've only seen two of the episodes, and I think the art is different, but nice, along with the animation. I would guess that two episodes isn't enough to judge the series yet, but they were really empty...Also, that super-vampire thing was really, really lame.
(Arkard, Naruto's much better -- stick to it! Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arkard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass: I have been with Naruto from day one when the first episode hit the net, but lately it became so incredibly boring I cant stand it! Maybe something will change soon but I somehow dont feel the spark.. like during the Zabuza arc.. ho ho that was a good one Smile

But Trinity Blood gives me this feeling again (the spark that is). I dont know why I am in the minority here Wink The series seem so captivating, buy maybe it depends on personal taste. It manages to keep my attention and is simply entertaining, and I really need that kind of stuff.

Still, for me the best current series is Eyeshield 21 Smile go check it out!
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Arkard wrote:
Aromatic Grass: I have been with Naruto from day one when the first episode hit the net, but lately it became so incredibly boring I can't stand it! Maybe something will change soon but I somehow don't feel the spark.. like during the Zabuza arc.. ho ho that was a good one Smile

But Trinity Blood gives me this feeling again (the spark that is). I don't know why I am in the minority here Wink The series seem so captivating, buy maybe it depends on personal taste. It manages to keep my attention and is simply entertaining, and I really need that kind of stuff.

Still, for me the best current series is Eyeshield 21 Smile go check it out!

I guess we like different things for different reasons. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop I guess you like it more because you like stuff like Hellsing, right? (Unfortunately, I haven't seen that yet.)
I thought the Naruto series was getting better... Confused I love ninjas! Oh, I've also wanted to see Eyeshield 21. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arkard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess you have to be into the genre (vampires, climate mix etc) to like Trinity Blood. And yes, I DO like Hellsing, it is one of my fav manga, I even own all the current volumes in Japanese.

I guess Trinity really captured me with its world setting. I always respect someone who can create his own unique world with its history, myths and politics (it`s one of the reasons I got into Discworld) and Trinity Blood has some really cool ideas. New ideas, which I found interesting.

and be sure to check out Eyeshield 21, it is a great sports anime. Not revolutionary or anything but jsut a very good series with original characters.
pythos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Add me and my husband to that list. We gave it 5 episodes, but they just aren't moving the story along.

I'm not real crazy about the dual nature of Nightroad. The bumbling/bad @ss dichotomy smacks a bit too much of Vash the Stampede (Trigun). And I absolutely hate Lady Katerina. Her character just annoys me for some reason.
El Oso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Arkard wrote:
I don't know why I am in the minority here Wink

Mind if I join you? ^^
The first two episodes were pretty mediocre, but I'm really starting to like the series. And I think its only going to get better from here on out.

By the way, did anyone notice *ahem* something at the very end of the ending credits. I wonder if its giving away what will happen or if Gonzo is just trying to mess with us. *ponders*
El Oso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote
*Double post* Sorry
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
El Oso wrote:
Arkard wrote:
I don't know why I am in the minority here Wink

Mind if I join you? ^^
The first two episodes were pretty mediocre, but I'm really starting to like the series. And I think its only going to get better from here on out.

By the way, did anyone notice *ahem* something at the very end of the ending credits. I wonder if its giving away what will happen or if Gonzo is just trying to mess with us. *ponders*

from what i read on another site, it's true.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Well of course Naruto would be better than Trinity blood(for now) because Naruto does have 100+ episodes. What i've seen i've only seen 5 episodes. I like it actually and I want to see what this anime is REALLY about. I love the music and graphics. Really at the end of the ED theme, it's true....nooooooooooooo *runs off ,_,*
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Shinigami-Seishou wrote:
Well of course Naruto would be better than Trinity blood(for now) because Naruto does have 100+ episodes.

Well, the number of episodes isn't everything.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that's true, but with Trinity Blood having only 5 episodes so far (and not being an OVA) naruto tops. Trinity Blood hasen't really got into it's plot. But on a side, you're right! I also noticed people giving up on the anime, which makes me so sad Crying or Very sad But that's there choice, I'm not stopping them. I'll stay along for the ride though!
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Shinigami-Seishou wrote:
I also noticed people giving up on the anime, which makes me so sad Crying or Very sad But that's there choice, I'm not stopping them. I'll stay along for the ride though!

I'm more of a Naruto manga fan, but the anime is also my favorite. I think out of the whole series, the first season is stretched the most. And the second season, although it's supposed to be much more interesting, has some pretty lazy animation (spoiler[with the exception of the fight between Sasuke and Orochimaru]). The series does get better later on. I hope the same thing happens with Trinity Blood, because it looks better than just another mediocre anime.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was thinking around the same lines as you! People are saying Naruto sucks and is dragging. We know that, but for all you know it could be shocking great the next episode/chapter and might pick up. That's why I keep with animes/manga unless I know that it will suck all the rest of the way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2