• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Anime With English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
For all we know Crunchyroll simply could've commissioned them to do the dub and will once again be using Discotek for the home release.

And if so then that would be good because in addition to a supposedly better dub, that would also mean better video quality thanks to Discotek hiring Justin Sevakis for their Blu-ray work.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
deathfromabove1993 wrote:
I'm trying to post the cast on the ANN page, but it keeps saying to fix the error, but I don't know how. Someone help.

Someone had mistakenly entered the second season cast for the first season and so they were marked as false. I've restored everything that was confirmed in Crunchyroll's news post. The only remaining one marked as false (that could possibly be in the first season) is Josh Grelle as Nitori. I've changed it so he can be entered if there's a source proving he's reprised the role.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:03 am Reply with quote
Oh this news made my night! Now I can finally own the entire series (so far) from one company. Dub or sub, I'm a fan, but I was so hesitant to purchase season 2 when season 1 would so obviously lack the same aesthetic unity due to different company packaging.

Now the important question... which version do I get from FUNi? I've heard very mixed reviews on some of their collector/premium editions.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
AHHH THANK YOU!! I've been holding off on buying season 1 as best as I could. I ALMOST was tempted in buying it a month ago... until I saw the cover art again and then I regained my senses Anime hyper

Edit: Also, I hope they improve the script this go around because some of the dialogue in the second season's dub script is a bit off putting.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
So will Discotek re-release it with a dub too?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
So in order to watch both seasons of the Free dub, you have to subscribe to both Crunchyroll AND FUNimation.

It doesn't bother me too badly as I'm not that big a fan of the show, but if I were, I'd be kinda pissed. Confused

Is there really any person with a decent job who would seriously complain over spending 11.95 and 7.99 to watch anime on these two services. I struggle to believe that most anime fans with jobs cant part with 25$. Are anime fans all living below the poverty line? Probably not if they afford laptops and pcs consoles and apoarently internet fast enough to stream. No one would be pissed.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
I hate Vic so much though. I'm happy that the first season is getting a more faithful dub, but I can't have Vic ruining Rin's voice. Oh well, glad for the fans of the dub though.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
Finally! Now I can re-watch both seasons with an English dub!
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who's unhappy with this? I've already bought S1 and pre-ordered S2 forever ago. But I don't want to have to re-buy S1 to get the dub. I highly doubt I'll buy it unless they come up with some outstanding special features.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Is there really any person with a decent job who would seriously complain over spending 11.95 and 7.99 to watch anime on these two services. I struggle to believe that most anime fans with jobs can't part with 25$. Are anime fans all living below the poverty line?

Those rates are only if one pays for the most expensive monthly subscription to both. As someone that eschews the Premium+ membership at CR and opts "only" for Premium, and pays yearly at both, my cost is less than $5 per month for each.

That said, some people do indeed have both a computer and access to the internet without much income, as they aren't adults, and the former are provided by their parents.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Please funi, release S1 on blu ray. Hopefully in nice packaging.
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
So in order to watch both seasons of the Free dub, you have to subscribe to both Crunchyroll AND FUNimation.

It doesn't bother me too badly as I'm not that big a fan of the show, but if I were, I'd be kinda pissed. Confused

Is there really any person with a decent job who would seriously complain over spending 11.95 and 7.99 to watch anime on these two services. I struggle to believe that most anime fans with jobs can't part with 25$. Are anime fans all living below the poverty line? Probably not if they afford laptops and pcs consoles and apoarently internet fast enough to stream. No one would be pissed.

I also don't think that any sane person would take out a subscription only to watch one anime. When you subscribe, you get access to a whole catalog of anime, which is certainly worth it.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
Am I the only one who's unhappy with this? I've already bought S1 and pre-ordered S2 forever ago. But I don't want to have to re-buy S1 to get the dub. I highly doubt I'll buy it unless they come up with some outstanding special features.

Which is why I held off on buying the sub only because I had faith that this would happen. This is annoying for those that couldn't wait, but good for those that did lol.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
Its available for some countries, except(state many Asian countries names here) the rest of the world... lol. And wtf Vic
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
I hate Vic so much though. I'm happy that the first season is getting a more faithful dub, but I can't have Vic ruining Rin's voice. Oh well, glad for the fans of the dub though.

Same. Why do you hate him too?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3