• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 10th Anniversary Blitz for A Certain Magical Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sburstall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
6 more promotions...

I hope that last one will be the Third Season at last.

And non of these promotions will be seen in the US.

I also agree, a third, much longer, season would be more preferable.

NoremaC-_- wrote:
honestly i don't believe JC has the manpower for a S3 with all the other projects they are juggling and the director of the series also being busy with other projects, so unless season three is done by another animation studio and director i very much doubt it.
Acceptable reason. It would take a lot of work for a new season. I'd rather they finish what they are already doing and do this third season up right. No cutting corners or passing it off to some other company. If I have to wait a year, so be it.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
How long does it take to animate a season on level Index and Rail Gun series were done? Aside from the main series, there were two shorter side series (or one which was split up in two 12-13 episodes).

I can understand they would need years worth of production time to achieve that kind of level of detailed / good animation Index was known for.

I think that today standards of animes, which seem to be typicallly 12-13 episodes. I guess it make economic sense given possiblity it being a flop.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
Are you serious? Has it really been 10 yrs for the franchise? And we haven't even gotten S2 yet for Index. Let alone S2 for Railgun.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Are you serious? Has it really been 10 yrs for the franchise? And we haven't even gotten S2 yet for Index. Let alone S2 for Railgun.

What? Railgun has an S2. And Index just got a movie last year.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Based on the skin here at ANN earlier in the week an FUNi's own promotional materials, we should be getting Index S2 soon. More surprisingly, claiming it will be in HD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2