• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so I'm finally going to post my entire collection again. Hopefully the forums don't crap out this time...

First up are my ladies:

And now my robits:

This is how my room looked in 2013, before I decided to put most of my figures away since it's a pain in the ass to dust them all:

Here's what my room currently looks like (quality is shittier because I just used my phone instead of a proper camera):

Figures I currently have on preorder are as follows:

StatuesFigsMore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
This is my video review of my Super Sonico Cheer Girl, hope you enjoy the video.

CLICK FOR VIDEO REVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQTe4onMN8

CLICK FOR VIDEO REVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQTe4onMN8

Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Testing for size

Any preferences??

Last edited by Alan45 on Wed May 15, 2019 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Testing for size

I always thought Asuka was taller than Rei. Razz

I prefer the smaller one, but both are fine for me.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Unlike Vaisaga I don't think I could post everything. However he did give me the idea that I could document some of my collection here.

First up is a display of figures from Evangelion. Note that all of these are pre-rebuild.

This is most of what I have open now of EVA figures. There are a number still boxed up.

Last edited by Alan45 on Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, some of those are looking pretty derpy. I know prize machine figure quality can be a bit on the low side but not that bad (my two Reis are prize figures). So either they're just old and the quality wasn't so good back then, or you ended up getting some bootlegs.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
@Vaisaga

Which ones did you have in mind? Many of these date back to the late 1990s. The reason I have so many from EVA is that they became available slowly over the years.

Figures available in the US have changed greatly since then. Most of those shown were ordered from the local comic shop through Diamond Previews, so no bootlegs.

Over the years, figures have gotten progressively more complicated and larger but also substantially more expensive. I'm still amazed at how much detail they managed to get in something as simple as a capsule toy. I do have some of the EVA figures that came out in the last five years or so but I haven't gotten around to unboxing them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Which ones did you have in mind?

... Most of them, actually. I think the wedding dress ones are the only ones that I actually like.

But yeah, I figured it might just be the age.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, to each his own.

The wedding dress figures are about 9 inches tall. Asuka is dated 2003 and Rei 2005. They are from Sega. I think they may have come from Anime Nation. Despite the fact that you can't see them, both have legs.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I think you have more Evangelion figures than I have figurines (currently ~38), haha. A lot of their faces look off but my particular favorite is the Rei with the purple-blue dress.

Anyways, I plan on unpacking my Love Live figs sometime this week so I'll be doing a small photoshoot of them. Just gotta find room to place them if I want to have them out for display.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
You def have more Eva figures than I have figures in general (I don't even have 20, so it's not a hard competition). I do think some of them have derpy faces, but it's really cool that you have collected so many matching pairs of Rei and Asuka with so many interesting outfits (and also great that you do have some best-girl-Misato too). I really like the ones with the yukata, they're cute. The EVA units look awesome too.

I should be receiving an Oikawa Nendoroid this week (if the bloody mail doesn't stall any longer, they had him stuck at customs for two weeks for no reason other than national mail is a [expletive] mess). He won't have anything of regular interest for you guys, but I'll still take a few pics and show it to you. Maybe I'll add some photos of my diminutive collection too
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
@CrowLia

If it is Misato you like ...

I didn't include her above since she is from the modern period. This is 1/6 scale.

@EmbraceMe

Yes that one of Rei reclining is one of my favorites also, as is her in the yukata.

Last edited by Alan45 on Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Well here's some bad news: Crunchyroll has cancelled my Angewomon order. Apparently the Japanese companies aren't allowing it to be sold to North America because they want Digimon to be 'child friendly' and Angewomon's outfit is inappropriate.

Not like I can find a Japanese retailer for it now...

Shit.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
^Wow, that seriously sucks. The show has aired on American AND Japanese TV and has had reruns for a flipping decade and there's shit tons of Angewomon merchandise, what kind of time is 20flipping16 to be concerned about how kid-appropriate it may be?! That is just so incredibly stupid I'm apalled.

As for me, my Oikawa Nendo is still bloody stuck in the mail. It was stuck at customs for two weeks and tomorrow will be two weeks of it being stuck in the "sorting" office. It had never taken this bloody long for my stuff to arrive and it's really unnerving, it was shipped in mid January! I always knew our post was crappy, but this is just a whole new level
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
The e-mail:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Due to a recent development, we regretfully have to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your order of the G.E.M Angewomon & Hikari figure. The manufacturer, Megahouse, has halted production of the figure and is no longer providing it to North American and European retailers.

This cancellation came at the order of the original rights holders. They wished to market Digimon as a child-friendly property and deemed the scantily-clad Angewomon as inappropriate.

This decision was made by the rights holder.

We will issue a full refund for your order. Refunds can take 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.

If you ordered the bundle set - we will notify you to check if you would like to still keep Angemon &Takeru.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we will answer them to the best of our ability.

We have created a forum post: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-941205/canceled-item-gem-angewomon-hikari-figure

Best Regards,
Crunchyroll

Angewomon's outfit wasn't even edited when the show aired so it is pretty stupid. I mean, it's not like a 10 year old would have the means to order an over $100 figure on the internet.

When it was first announced, I couldn't find the figure on any of my usual sites and it seemed to be exclusive to some Japanese only sites that didn't ship overseas. So I had given up on it until I saw it in one of the Crunchyroll daily deals e-mails. I was so happy to see it but now this... I preordered it months ago (Crunchyroll forces you to pay upfront rather than on shipping) so if they were gonna pull the plug it would have been nice if they did it sooner. It was supposed to be released next month...

Well, at least I'll still get my Dark Magician Girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 102 of 111