• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Misplaced Ninja

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:

So now I'm weirded out that the winning band was the one you have to die to see, since they perform in purgatory...

Fans that live in an alternate realities won't have to die, they can watch from their TV's.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Sa-chan's not on here?!?!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Sayoko also is interesting since she falls under the yamato nadeshiko archetype. Regardless of what people think regarding the feminism of yamato nadeshiko, this is 1 that actually doesn't necessarily have to wait for her prince/princess to come and rescue her. She'd likely be doing the rescuing.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Key wrote:
I'm a little surprised - but not disappointed! - that Girls Dead Monster came out on top in the poll, especially over the K-On! group, and I'm even more surprised that it wasn't particularly close.

K-ON! seems to have been a short-lived sensation that is now spent, while Angel Beats! somehow continues to linger in the anime fan hive-mind and enjoys great word-of-mouth. Not complaining.

It is interesting that GDM seems to have caught on like it did. An anime music streaming site I use has their music on quite frequently, which struck me as odd for a show that didn't seem like a big hit or anything. But there is no denying that the music in Angel Beats is really good.

However, if I had to pick from that list, I'd prefer Detroit Metal City since I love heavy metal.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Tsukikage from Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V should be on the list. Though, not really high.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Natsu Dragneel deserves an honorable mention Smile
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Aw! Not enough love for Priss and the Replicants. I don't think anything has beaten the opening of the first OAV.

Hey I voted for them... anata no hurricane!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
There really was no other choice for me than to vote for K-On's Houkago Tea Time. They're the only anime "band" I own a CD of... a double CD, in fact. I mean, I have other anime CDs that have some songs from in-series "bands", but they're "Best Song Collections" that include the theme songs and character "image" songs, the Houkago Tea Time double album (I think it's the second one) is the only one that's comprised completely of in-show, in-character "band" songs with no theme songs or single character "image songs".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for more votes for The Maids from And Yet the Town Moves. They had a pretty impressive ability to rock out with just a bass guitar, a violin and an accordion.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
The ninja maid from Code Geass was one of those "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" elements that I think was part of the appeal of the series, so much different stuff thrown together, mechs, school setting, alternate history, George W Bush era political commentary, magical powers and yet it worked, for the most part...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I forget--is Paula from Nisekoi a ninja or just a spy? She seems to behave much like a stereotypical ninja, despite her being the token foreigner (American, in this case).
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm personally surprised Dropkix ranked as high as it did.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The "moon ninja" from Planetes would be high on my list.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I'm a little surprised - but not disappointed! - that Girls Dead Monster came out on top in the poll, especially over the K-On! group, and I'm even more surprised that it wasn't particularly close. (Had I votes in the poll, I probably would have gone with ENOZ, though GDM would have been my #2 pick.)

i'm more surprised that the bands from K-ON! and haruhi arent on the top two which goes to show that unless its uber memorable or currently ongoing,its popularity will wain a lot. i would bet that if this poll took place while those series were still fresh, it would be higher on the list.

and while i'm not surprised that sayoko is on the list, she's kinda too high. hell i'm more surprised that none of the popular ninjas from series like queen's blade, ikkitousen or even Basilisk or even that ninja girl from rorouni kenshin that have the uber crush on aoi shinamori is on here. when it comes to being misplaced, she is definitely one. not to mention that the god awful team from gatchaman aka G-Force is. if there is one that shouldnt be on the same league as ninjas , its that team.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prince Gotonoke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:35 am Reply with quote
For the poll I voted for Battle of the Gods. It isn't even close for me. I love me some DB and DBZ, but the movies have really only been fun in theory. I like the ideas for a lot of them, even if they are just reimagining the arcs of the show. They just never really turn out all that memorable. Battle of the Gods however did. I know a that quite a few DBZ fans did not care for the move toward the comedic with the film, but I welcomed it. I really don't get how people can dislike Vegeta singing and dancing about bingo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3