• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsukihime ending...wtf? some Fate Stay Night (Major Spoiler

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Damn, wtf is up with tsukihime's ending? I can't make sense of it, the "wizard lady" or Shiki's mentor asks, did you proctect what's important to you and shiki says, I'm not sure, .....wtf come on is that just poor translating cause first we see him earlier in the beginning with the mentor under a tree and she says that one day he's going to use that power to protect someone important to him, that's obviously Arcueid.

Then at the end he sees her spirit but after saying good bye, shiki tries to grab her but she disappears but that's not what bugged me, why after looking so sad that she's gone does he stand up and smile and whats up with the ending epilogue, where they talk about the last date, what's it's significance, to remind us how f'ed up and sad the ending is suppose to make you feel and how it's suppose to make you actually want to make a trip to japan and hold the whole entire staff at gunpoint to create an ending that makes sense or a happy ending?

I thought Fate Stay Night's ending was bad but I understood it, for one Arthur always dies in the legends but that was one time I wanted to see Arthur live, hell since it was a new take on arthur they should have made saber come back or reincarnate as a normal girl in present time.

Japan is all about tradgic endings, probally cause of their history with tragic samurai heros or something, jesus come on japan!]

Last edited by W0LF on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Killing off the main heroine] isn't so much a Japanese thing as it is a Type-Moon thing, fyi.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
W0LF wrote:
spoiler[Then at the end he sees her spirit but after saying good bye, shiki tries to grab her but she disappears but that's not what bugged me, why after looking so sad that she's gone does he stand up and smile and whats up with the ending epilogue, where they talk about the last date, what's it's significance, to remind us how f'ed up and sad the ending is suppose to make you feel and how it's suppose to make you actually want to make a trip to japan and hold the whole entire staff at gunpoint to create an ending that makes sense or a happy ending?]

That in no way would solve anything. That is how the staff decided to go about the series, probably because there was not going to be nor has there been any indication of a second season. Besides, spoiler[Arcueid is not dead, since she comes up in Melty Blood].
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Type/Moon stories were Ero,before doing something different .Be glad they tried something different.No matter how bad they turn out.I prefer the fighting game storylines.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
W0LF wrote:
spoiler[Then at the end he sees her spirit but after saying good bye, shiki tries to grab her but she disappears but that's not what bugged me, why after looking so sad that she's gone does he stand up and smile and whats up with the ending epilogue, where they talk about the last date, what's it's significance, to remind us how f'ed up and sad the ending is suppose to make you feel and how it's suppose to make you actually want to make a trip to japan and hold the whole entire staff at gunpoint to create an ending that makes sense or a happy ending?]

That in no way would solve anything. That is how the staff decided to go about the series, probably because there was not going to be nor has there been any indication of a second season. Besides, spoiler[Arcueid is not dead, since she comes up in Melty Blood.]

I don't think Melty Blood has any bearing on the anime. First, I'm not sure that Melty Blood is considered canon. I think its an alternate universe. Second, the Tsukihime game had multiple scenarios/endings and the anime only covered one of them and I think it had to cut out things to even cover that. Third, Melty Blood also has Nero, spoiler[who also died in the series]. Fourth, this is the anime, not any of the games, and stands on its own even if it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote
As such, the most dramatic ending to a series that probably could have been better. I have nothing against Tsukihime. I'm a fan of the Type-Moon works. However, you and I both might be right, or wrong, in reference to the whole charade surrounding said series. Kagetsu Toya is the actual sequel, and there I prove myself wrong with the above statement.
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:11 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Ok I dont need to hear about how I should be grateful for having crap thrown at me, I would have rather Tsukihime stayed ero then be an anime, thanks to the ending. An ending is a HUGE deal in story telling and can make or break the experince of a whole entire story.

Also my topic is asking for help with understanding the scenes I listed above since my tiny brain can't comprehend it. Also Kagetsu Toya is a "fan" made sequel, if I wanted a fan sequel I would close my eyes and make the ending myself but that's not what I'm looking for. I expected this anime to have a sad ending after watching FATE first, I didn't have to know its a "type moon" thing to figure it out. It's not killing characters that you grow attached to that bugs me just how it didn't make enough sense towards the end, they didn't have to spell it out but they could have done better. I was even fine with FATE's ending because while not completely spelling out the whole ending, the end was easier to understand than Tsukihime's, that's what bugs me about tsukihime, you wanna kill Arcuied fine, your not going to make a season 2 fine, your going to leave with a confusing ending not fine.

So again does anyone have an idea of how to define what the meaning of those scenes are above?

ps: I GUARNTEE you that having a gun to someone would change something.]

Last edited by W0LF on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote
W0LF wrote:
Also my topic is asking for help with understanding the scenes I listed above since my tiny brain can't comprehend it.

What is it that you can't comprehend about? I think that the ending that they brought about closed the series, which would make it hard to try and make another one. It may be a confusing ending, but the fact of the matter is so are a whole bunch of other series. Shiki will have to livspoiler[e with the fact thaArcueid died and there's nothing he can do about it, other than he has eliminated the threat t was growing in the city].

Quote:
ps: I GUARNTEE you that having a gun to someone would change something.

You're right. It lands you in JAIL.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
First, I'm not sure that Melty Blood is considered canon. I think its an alternate universe. Fourth, this is the anime, not any of the games, and stands on its own even if it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Heh, these are almost the exact same points I was arguing on various Tsukihime/Type-Moon message boards several years back. Most of the English-speaking Type-Moon fanatics seem to be against these viewpoints, so it's nice to see that someone agrees with me. Some of the Melty Blood stuff (not Nero's presence I guess, but many other things) adds info to the Type-Moon and Tsukihime worlds and isn't inconsistent, in which case many Type-Moon fans like to argue is canon material.

Wolf, BTW Kagetsu Tohya is not a fan-made sequel game. It's made by Type-Moon themselves. Same goes for Fate Hollow Ataraxia. They are called fan-"discs" however, but that's a different thing. Basically, it's because at the end of the previous game there can be multiple endings, and the fandiscs continue off of one or more of those possible endings (or even make up their own ending entirely), so they aren't necessarily what really happened so that's why they are called fandiscs. Some of the content in the fandiscs is also joke content. But they are still official material made by the creators of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. Whether or not they are canon is more arguable but much of the informative material within them is probably regarded as canon as well (just not the actual events perhaps).

But anyways Wolf, if it makes you feel better, one of the Tsukihime game's alternate endings is one where spoiler[Arcueid survives. And better yet, she survives in essentially the same manner as the ending in which she "dies" (she actually doesn't die but goes to sleep forever, supposedly). In other words every single event in the game even at the end is exactly the same in that ending. The only difference is that the next day she reappears and says she is going to play with everyone longer, so it's a happy-happy joy-joy ending (and also one that Kinoko Nasu the writer probably doesn't prefer, thus it's not the default main "true" ending, which is the one where Arcueid "dies")].

So if you want you can just pretend that spoiler[Arcueid will suddenly come back the next day] after the anime ends, since the game demonstrates that it is possible lol. Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
W0LF wrote:
Ok I don't need to hear about how I should be grateful for having crap thrown at me, I would have rather Tsukihime stayed ero then be an anime, thanks to the ending. An ending is a HUGE deal in story telling and can make or break the experince of a whole entire story..

You're right it sure can make or break the experience of the whole entire story. So use spoiler tags so you don't ruin it for everyone else. Simply saying "spoilers" in the title is not enough. If you disagree then check this thread out.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54553&start=45
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for that porcupine.

Also fighterholic your absolutely right it would land me in jail but I would see my "true" ending and I could except that, I never thought I would walk away scott free.
cloud1989

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
so is melty blood not an acceptable continuation, I have only made it part way through tsukihime, but from what I read both kagetsu Tohya and melty blood are two possible sequals that take place 1 year after tsukihime, so either can be accepted as "what happens next" if you want to, since there is no concrete ending or set path for anything type moon.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quote
W0LF wrote:
Thanks for that porcupine.

Also fighterholic your absolutely right it would land me in jail but I would see my "true" ending and I could except that, I never thought I would walk away scott free.

How would you see your true ending? I mean the time it would take to draw the scenes, animate them, edit them, etc etc is far longer then it would take for the police to simply haul your butt off. So you'd still not see it and in the process be some guy's new girlfriend. You might wanna rethink that idea a bit.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quote
I always took the ending to mean spoiler[ arcuied had to go back to sleep, I did not think she died, since she showed up in the classroom at the end. I mean, shiki sliced her into little bits, and she came back from that, I would figure she would be ok from the minor wound inflicted on her later.] I am reading the manga, also, to see how it ends. No ruining it for me please if you know.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
I am reading the manga, also, to see how it ends. No ruining it for me please if you know.

From what it looks like, there is an obvious difference in courses taken in the manga versus the anime. Since I haven't played the game, I have no way of telling which one is accurate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2