• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spring 2008, what are you looking forward to?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonQuigleone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:28 am Reply with quote
Well the new spring season is about to start and so what anime are you all looking forward to seeing?

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what Soul Eater, Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier. Though it's difficult to know what's gonna be good before you see it.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quote
Kyoto Animation. Whatever they're doing, count me in.

I hate using the word fanboy and think it's almost always a ridiculously stupid word used by both sides of debates, but I can't really find a better one for this situation.

I'm assuming Haruhi season 2 will be coming up next, seeing as they've had a bit of viral advertising I've heard of out there on the net, but I don't keep up with the studio very well so I'm not sure.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:20 am Reply with quote
I don't think Kyoto Animation has anything planned for the new Spring line-up. It does give them a chance to have a break.
Animastryfe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:
Kyoto Animation. Whatever they're doing, count me in.

I hate using the word fanboy and think it's almost always a ridiculously stupid word used by both sides of debates, but I can't really find a better one for this situation.

I'm assuming Haruhi season 2 will be coming up next, seeing as they've had a bit of viral advertising I've heard of out there on the net, but I don't keep up with the studio very well so I'm not sure.

My thoughts exactly.

But my other choice is kind of odd, as it's Clannad. I dislike watching a series that is not finished yet, so I had to endure months of keeping myself away from Clannad until it's finished. Especially painful after watching Kanon.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote
Is this thread going to be closed and deleted because last Winter in an equivalent thread I spent 30 minutes typing a response and the next day it was deleted :roll:

Anyway I'll just mention the big ones since if this thread gets closed/deleted I won't have wasted another 30 minutes going over the 20 shows I want to check out.

Macross Frontier had the best first episode I've seen in a very long time, that combined with Macross being my fav mecha franchise makes this my most anticipated title of Spring.

Code Geass R2 after the way the first season ended there is no way I would not be watching this series. Also this time Sunrise are fully backing Goro and crew instead of getting ready to cancel it after 13 episodes so they can focus on Idolmaster (good prediction Sunrise CEOs, Cg = 44k per dvd vol to Idolmasters 1.5k!) so the animation level should be top notch.

Soul Eater the manga is such awesome stylish fun I would still watch it even if Bee Train were doing it. Bones is just a perfect match up though and the animation looks superb in the trailer. This will be a online hit similar to FMA in terms of popularity, jump on the bandwagon now people.

Library War FMP (sans mecha) meets Read Or Die (sans special powers) with the main character looking for her Prince like Utena. This looks like being great fun and it's airing in the Noitamina block which generally means a show is quality. Past titles being Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile and Mononoke.

Special A is one really fun manga series that I'm enjoying a lot, hopefully Gonzo don't screw up the anime though I am worried there is too much material for them to do if they end it how I think they will.

Kure-nai is another light novel adaption from Brains Base the guys who did imo the best series of 07 in Baccano! I've read the first 4 chapters of the manga and this has a lot of potential to be good. It might seem in a way sorta like another Hayate no Gotoku but I'm sure the events of chapter 2 will quell that line of thought.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen enough about the Spring season to know for sure, but Code Geass 2 is definitely one I'm looking forward to. I'm so glad I was talked into watching the series (mecha isn't usually my thing at all).
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote
Yup, KyoAni has nothing on the spring line-up.

This thread has already been repeated many times.

But to update my post in that linked thread, my top three anime that I look forward to actually already have threads on this site:
Real Drive (see thread) is my most anticipated despite the kinda cheesy designs. The idea is thanks to Shirow with animation by I.G, so it's pretty much what you'd watch after Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.

Library War (see thread) is another product of I.G, which when you hear the story starts to sound like a lot of other great anime but still original in its own way. If you like any of the other series mentioned in the thread, give it a try; it's only going to be 12 episodes on Noitamina.

Soul Eater (see thread) is the third anime which I look forward to this most this spring. It just rings of awesome and good production values (BONES). Check out the trailers, definitely.

Other series I'm interested in include:

Allison & Lillia, from Madhouse, looks like the new Kino's Journey. I'm digging the retro look of Madhouse's other series, Kaiba, which looks like it will be a fun and interested watch.

I just watched the first episode of Macross Frontier and was blown away by how it looks and how easily it got me into what was going on. (This series now has a thread here.)

Kyoran Kazoku Nikki is a comedy that looks like it will have pretty good fan appeal. The mother's expression reminds me too much of Haruhi's -- yeah, that could be your spring version of Haruhi Suzumiya. Wink I'll give it a try. I'm giving Wagaya no Oinari-sama. a try as well, even though I really don't know much about it. Looks nice.

And what I've seen from the Nabari no Ou trailers really interests me. People seem pretty pleased with the manga and I like the art and think it looks like it'll be a good show, so why not check it out?

And those are the few that I am mostly interested in, whereas I may hear a thing or two about some others and start watching them as well, or I'll just check them out anyway. Though I really don't want to add any more shows to keep up with! Anime cry There's so many good-looking shows to choose from this spring (with an abundance of shoujo) so I'm sure that everyone'll find something they like.

Edit: Added the new Macross Frontier thread.

Last edited by Aromatic Grass on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sj21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote
LIVE ACTION DEATH NOTE ENGLISH DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Smile I WANT TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE AND SINCE WE ARE EXPECTING IT IN DUB I DONT FEEL LIKE WATCHING THE SUBS.

{MODERATION NOTICE: Shhh. -- abunai}
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forawrd to more Macross Frontier (the first ep was beautiful), I enjoyed the Nabari no Ou manga, so the anime looks good, and isn't To Love Ru coming out this Spring as well?
RPGamer246

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
my friend convinced me to check out code geass last week and i must say i am glad i did, i watched the whole thing in 2 days and cant wait for code geass 2, soul eater also looks really interesting. real drive sounds like it could be good and so does macross but I've never seen any of the other macross so im worried i will be lost.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
RPGamer246 wrote:
and so does macross but I've never seen any of the other macross so im worried i will be lost.

You won't be, ask Aromatic Grass who just watched the first episode and like you hasn't seen a single Macross before that. You have been able to watch the directors cut version of the first episode (27 mins) since the 26th of december, check it out and I'm sure it won't disappoint :)
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
RPGamer246 wrote:
and so does macross but I've never seen any of the other macross so im worried i will be lost.

You won't be, ask Aromatic Grass who just watched the first episode and like you hasn't seen a single Macross before that.

Sure am glad I did, too. RPGamer reminded me though that I need to watch Code Geass. And since he did it all in two days, I'm sure I can do it in a little over a week. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote
I intended to watch Geass over a week, took 2 days :( Geass loves having cliffhangers at the end of an episode.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Animastryfe wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

But my other choice is kind of odd, as it's Clannad. I dislike watching a series that is not finished yet, so I had to endure months of keeping myself away from Clannad until it's finished. Especially painful after watching Kanon.

Same here. I don't watch anything week to week except D. Grayman, Naruto and Bleach. It's pretty obvious why I'm not waiting for those to finish.

No spring KyoAni work huh? Well then I guess something will come along later in the year. I guess I can just watch Clannad and I know Kanon is already being released here(like 2 dvds so far?).
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
Code Geass - this will probably be the big hit this season been looking forward to it for a while

Macross Frontier - hoping it learns from the mistake of Macross 7

Soul Eater - the trailer has me hooked!!

sj21 wrote:
LIVE ACTION DEATH NOTE ENGLISH DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Smile I WANT TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE AND SINCE WE ARE EXPECTING IT IN DUB I don't FEEL LIKE WATCHING THE SUBS.

{MODERATION NOTICE: Shhh. -- abunai}

has something changed? I heard it would be sub only...

Last edited by BladeDragoonZETA on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6