• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
End of Trigun ep.24(spoilers)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerv1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote
Has anyone realized that the ending of Trigun ep. 24 is similar to that of the evangelion ep.24 ending? Near the end of episode 24 of Trigun, spoiler[Vash is forced to kill Legato in order to save Meryl and Millie and later regrets killing him. ]Doesn't this seem similar to the end of episode 24 of Evangelion spoiler[where Shinji has to kill Kaworu to prevent the 3rd impact?] Is it just a coincidence or what?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
Maybe, but there are some differences in how the characters feel about their enemies and about destroying them--Shinji spoiler[is willing to destroy the Angels, and while he resists killing Kaworu, he still carries out his duty.] Vash, on the other hand, spoiler[has an aversion to killing and has not taken the lives of any of his enemies up to that point, so his being forced to kill Legato represents a drastic collapse of his principles.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1