• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please help me with Macross

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepon05

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:13 am Reply with quote
Okay I just finished watching Macross Zero and loved it every second of it. I checked the rest of the Macross series on ANN but I don't know where to start at. If you are a big Macross fan, which series should I watch in order to continue the story? How close is the prequel (Macross Zero) to the actual beginning? Thanks. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Naitron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:32 am Reply with quote
I remember watching robotech aka macross and they gave a brief recap of the alien spaceship that crashed on the earth. Roy Focker in Macross Zero is in the Robotech saga if you didn't know that. Macross Zero is a few years before but exact years I really don't know. I'd recommend watching the
Robotech saga if you love zero it's a great series.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote
If you've seen Macross Zero then the next thing you should be watching is Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (aka Macross), which is the founding series of the franchise. Be forewarned, the animation and artistic qualities are fantastically worse than Zero, but this was made in 1982. The story's pretty good, though, and the new English dub is respectable.

And the final volume just came out in the States yesterday, so the whole series is now available on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kouji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Naitron wrote:
I remember watching robotech aka macross and they gave a brief recap of the alien spaceship that crashed on the earth. Roy Focker in Macross Zero is in the Robotech saga if you didn't know that. Macross Zero is a few years before but exact years I really don't know. I'd recommend watching the
Robotech saga if you love zero it's a great series.
I should note that Robotech and Macross are two entirely separate things. They share the same animation footage, but the plots go in entirely different directions, the character development in both versions is completely different, and both versions have entirely different timelines. If you do choose to watch the Robotech version, remember to keep the two series' timelines completely separate at all times.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vicserr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
If you've seen Macross Zero then the next thing you should be watching is Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (aka Macross), which is the founding series of the franchise. Be forewarned, the animation and artistic qualities are fantastically worse than Zero, but this was made in 1982.

Considering that Macross was close to the tv standard in 1982(even if some episodes after ep 26 fall way below that), you can't expect it to look like the glossy CG eye candy of today, of which Macross Zero is full off Sad If the OP has seen Robotech, he/she knows what to expect in the animation department.

Quote:
The story's pretty good, though, and the new English dub is respectable.

And the final volume just came out in the States yesterday, so the whole series is now available on DVD.

Or If you don't care about the dub, you can hunt down the AnimEigo release(also available on Robotech.com)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1