• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood horizontal stripes in the dark scenes.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:52 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else find the horizontal lines in the black scenes on both volumes of Funimation's Trinity Blood annoying? At first I thought that my DVD1 was a strange defective pressing, but the problem is also on the second DVD. This is especially evident since the series tends to fade to black and back from fairly often. Funimation generally have in the past some very nice pressing, and I think this problem stems from their masters, since I don't remember seeing this problem during the credits or previews. Anybody else experiencing this problem? Will this be fixed on future DVD volumes or future pressings?

edit: with some poking around on AnimeonDVD it would seem as though Funimation is now doing in-house DVD authoring. This would explain why Trinity Blood, Speed Grapher, Basilisk, and Moonphase, don't look as good as Samurai 7 Desert Punk, Gunslinger Girl and Burst Angel. It's good to know it isn't just my imagination that their discs don't look as good as they used to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1