• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT]Fate/stay night: Realta Nua

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:55 am Reply with quote
Official Homepage In Japanese, but maybe we could get some clarification of this game. Is this the same game as the PC version? Or are there stories that are different? It looks to me like it is THE game but I cannot tell since I've never played it. I'm also thinking it may just be a toned down version since it's being released for the PS2.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:06 am Reply with quote
Nearest I can tell it's the same game, only with the hentai elements removed and some extra artwork thrown in to compensate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Nearest I can tell it's the same game, only with the hentai elements removed and some extra artwork thrown in to compensate.

Are you going to try and import it?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Nah. Don't have a PS2 and I don't know Japanese. I'm just gonna wait ever-so-(im)patiently for a certain group's English-language patch for the original PC game to finish beta testing and come out. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Based on the length of time Tsukihime took them, that will be in about 4 years. Smile
Kahless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
yes, it's basicly a port to the PS2. The same game but with out the adult content and with added voices. Story is the same only some minor changes and a few extra CG's.
yes, I will probably buy the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Based on the length of time Tsukihime took them, that will be in about 4 years. Smile

About the same amount of time it'd take for me to learn any fluent level of Japanese in order to read the PS2 game. It all cosmically balances out. Razz
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

About the same amount of time it'd take for me to learn any fluent level of Japanese in order to read the PS2 game. It all cosmically balances out. Razz

Indeed. I'm waiting for it myself to be honest.
deepon05

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

I you reering to the melty blood game on PC?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote
No, I'm talking about Tsukihime, exactly like I said in my post.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote
deepon05 wrote:
I you reering to the melty blood game on PC?

Melty Blood is also out on PS2. Now that's the game that I want to get. Maybe if I wait long enough they'll bring it over here. (4 years, maybe?) Laughing
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I played Melty Blood Re:act at OniCon and it was great. I really wish someone (*looks at Atlus*) would bring it over here, but it will probably never happen.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I played Melty Blood Re:act at OniCon and it was great. I really wish someone (*looks at Atlus*) would bring it over here, but it will probably never happen.

It just needs enough exposure over here, which is obviously not what it's getting. If some company over here could catch wind of it and be willing to take a chance, it could really work out.

9 more to 3000!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote
A few days ago I finished the first DVD and was amazed at how good the anime is. I don't see how the game that this is based off of can be hentai. The first dvd didn't even feel like a dating sim, like Tsukihime occasionally does. I also really enjoyed Tsukihime and was wondering how "adult" are these games? How different is the censored version? I'm tempted on ordering both games if they are in the same spirit as the series, but don't really want to buy a game that has too much of focus shift from the anime series. I played a bit of Tokimeki Memorial when it came out, but in general am not a fan of the dating sim genre, unless the Sakurai Taisen games count.
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:48 am Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
A few days ago I finished the first DVD and was amazed at how good the anime is. I don't see how the game that this is based off of can be hentai. The first dvd didn't even feel like a dating sim, like Tsukihime occasionally does. I also really enjoyed Tsukihime and was wondering how "adult" are these games? How different is the censored version? I'm tempted on ordering both games if they are in the same spirit as the series, but don't really want to buy a game that has too much of focus shift from the anime series. I played a bit of Tokimeki Memorial when it came out, but in general am not a fan of the dating sim genre, unless the Sakurai Taisen games count.

Fate/stay night the anime is less explicit then its game counter part. They cut out parts in the anime, the game itself is "adult". There is nudity in the game, remember the scene where Shiro was told he had to recharge Sabers mana...well it was a sex scene but as you know they didn't show anything in the anime. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2