• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about Error Reports

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I should put this here or in the Bugs & Technical forum, but my question involves around Error Reports. How long does it usually take for the Encyclopedists to resolve an Error Report? I'm asking this because I believe someone submitted an Error Report for one of the Noir Easter Eggs that I submitted a while ago. I haven't received any PMs about the issue so either the report wasn't looked at yet or the source reference that I included with the submitted information was indeed legit, and the Error Report was disregarded.

Thanks for the response.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote
I was the one who submitted the error report, which only consists of the Easter Egg entry re-written for clarity (since I had a bit of a problem getting it to work, and the entry's instructions are slightly ambiguous).

Noir DVD Easter Eggs wrote:
(U.S. DVD #1, Regular & Special editions) In the Extras section, go to Clean Closing Animation. From there, push left, down, left, down, and Enter to find an extra production sketch of Kirika.

Error report wrote:
(U.S. DVD #1, Regular & Special editions) In the Extras menu, highlight (but do not select) Clean Closing Animation. Then push Left, Down, Left, Down, and Enter to find an extra (nude) production sketch of Kirika.

As for how long it takes fo an error reort to be looked at—it depends. There are reportedly several hundred error reports, and the Encyclopedia staff are all volunteers.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quote
Well, I don't know how more lucid you wanted the instructions to be. As I explained in the Anime on DVD thread you started, I took the Easter Egg straight from the Digital Omake section and referenced the source. I'll go ahead and rewrite it if you wish.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
As for how long it takes fo an error reort to be looked at—it depends. There are reportedly several hundred error reports, and the Encyclopedia staff are all volunteers.

That is so very true. If you really want to know, we have close to 800 error reports to catch up on at the moment... It's hard to sift through the really serious ones from the spam we get sometimes. =/ Like "error reports" on episodes that are really people asking "WERE CUN I DOWNLOAD DIS EPISODE?!!"
Not to mention, a lot of error reports aren't very concise and we end up having to do a lot of research to confirm it. @_o Just saying "This is wrong" or "He wasn't in this anime" doesn't help us, because we need actual proof in order to change it, y'know?

I might as well go through a few now. Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
That is so very true. If you really want to know, we have close to 800 error reports to catch up on at the moment...

I cut it back to <500 last month, yet within a week there were 100 new ones added... Anime dazed

I have an important test in June. When it's finished I'll spend more time solving them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I have an important test in June. When it's finished I'll spend more time solving them.

Yeah, I've been totally swamped thanks to going back to school and now my new job. At least when this semester is over I'll have more time. :X
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1