• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advent Childeren Dub

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
Has there been any rumors or speculation on who is getting the dubbing rights to Final Fantasy Seven Advent Childeren, thats if the rights haven't already been taken...
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

wow... it's got a masterpiece rating? i mean it's pretty good but...
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Speaking as a gamer and an RPG fan, FFVII is formidably popular and many people are clamoring it to be the best RPG, let alone the best game of all time, despite the fact there are much better games out there. Athough a little miffed, I'm not all that surprised it got a masterpiece rating.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am also of the opinion that it is the best RPG up to this point. The best game overall though? No, that it isn't, and I doubt it's reign as ruler of RPG's will last forever as well. I haven't seen FF7:AC yet so far but I won't allow my opinion of the game to have an effect on my opinion of the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Personally, FFVII isn't even my favorite FF. I thought VI and Tactics were a lot more enjoyable. I like a story with lots of characters, which is why my favorite RGP series is the Genso Suikoden franchise. Well, the first two installments, anyway. Part III has convinced me to never play a 3D Suikoden game ever again...

But don't get me wrong, FFVII has its bright points, and I do look forward to eventually seeing AC by 2010 (hopefully it won't take that long like Amazon is suggesting).
Fui

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I think FFVII AC deserved a masterpiece rating because of it's brilliantly choreographed fight scenes, graphics, and music above other things like it's debatable storyline. It's just a short sequel to the game, and we all know how animes based on games usually turn out...but it really makes you want to play/know more about the game/storyline. It is definitely a masterpiece in CG animation.

This is hardly a spoiler at all but just to be safe:
spoiler[Also, did you notice a lot of the "famous" trailer clips were edited out in the movie? Like when Kadaj shoots a multi-beam at Cloud on the motorcycle on the freeway, an explosion then occurs and Cloud and his motorcycle fly through the air, landing in a sword-to-sword clash with Kadaj? Or when he's walking through the church and it shows his profile, and then he glances at the camera (doesn't show him glance in the movie). Maybe they were just for advertising purposes or just didn't fit into the progress of the story.]
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Fui wrote:
This is hardly a spoiler at all but just to be safe:
spoiler[Also, did you notice a lot of the "famous" trailer clips were edited out in the movie? Like when Kadaj shoots a multi-beam at Cloud on the motorcycle on the freeway, an explosion then occurs and Cloud and his motorcycle fly through the air, landing in a sword-to-sword clash with Kadaj? Or when he's walking through the church and it shows his profile, and then he glances at the camera (doesn't show him glance in the movie). Maybe they were just for advertising purposes or just didn't fit into the progress of the story.]

Nah, they do that in tons of movies, thus being why they're called "teasers" Anime hyper.

I think FFVII: AC definately deserved the title. It by far has to be the best computer animated film out. Sure, they didn't do great on random characters that are just there (they serve no purpose anyway) but the main characters actually are so life-like, I first thought, way before it came out, that real actors were in the movie. Boy, was I wrong!
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Well, I am also of the opinion that it is the best RPG up to this point. The best game overall though? No.
Final Fantasy 7 is good, no doubt, however, it was the best of it's time (32-64 Bit). The 16-Bit days had much better RPGs, but since more people start to come in at 7, it is often clammed as the best. Give me IV and Lunar any day.

It looks like the release date of AC is drawing near since they start putting out the ads, but their still no release date on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Kind of off-topic in terms of your discussion, but on-topic in terms of this thread's name:

So, I see a couple of voice actors listed for a few characters. Does this mean that AC is indeed getting a dub then, or is this just speculation? I sincerely hope that the release isn't getting held up for nothing...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I rated the movie an excellent, I really enjoyed the graphic, the amazing sword crossing battles. Overall all the story does what any FFVII fan brings back the character we love all while telling us what happened to the world we have grow to love. I went into this movie thinking it was going to be god awful (A la Spirit Within) but it was worth my time and definetly more then that.
But a masterpiece don't think so....So far I have two items (thus far) that are masterpieces one Cowboy Bebop and second the end of Evangelion, the series could be a masterpiece but that last episode was so quickly throw at the you if was really like wtf? But after many many many times viewing the series it really makes sense. Since the series really does deal with how Shinji interact with others.
Also FFVII is defintely not the best in the series....it gets a huge boast in part because pre render graphic, and because spoiler[of Aerith death]. I always felt that FFVI (Locke makes this series for me) was the better of the two games. FF Tactics does have a great story but it is so damn hard, I didn't get to the end of the game until I had a gameshark.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
So, I see a couple of voice actors listed for a few characters. Does this mean that AC is indeed getting a dub then, or is this just speculation? I sincerely hope that the release isn't getting held up for nothing...

Yes, that's why the release date keeps getting pushed back Anime dazed
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:52 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
and because spoiler[of Aerith death].
There were deaths in Final Fantasy main characters even before 7. Did you cry at the spoiler[death of Tellah]? Weep at the spoiler[passing of Josef and Mindu]? Bought to tears at the spoiler[death of Shadow], unless you stuck around to save him. And what of Scarecrow's brain... sorry, wrong subject.
Necros Antiquor wrote:
So, I see a couple of voice actors listed for a few characters.
Since there was offical release of who is going to what part, speculation, that or they basing it from Kingdom Hearts, like with Kingdom Hearts 2 VA list floating around. Will Mandy Moore return as ill fated heroian, stay tuned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Isaaru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:21 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Will Mandy Moore return as ill fated heroian, stay tuned.

i dont know. I liked her as Aeris.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:47 am Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
Ataru wrote:
Will Mandy Moore return as ill fated heroian, stay tuned.

i don't know. I liked her as Aeris.

Yeah, she wasn't half-bad. None of the KH actors were really bad, IMO, and many were great. Don't forget, the official name now is Aerith. Oh, and do we really need spoiler tags for the thing that happens to Aerith? I believe it's assumed that everyone knows about it by now. It's been out for nearly a decade, and people scream out Aerith's "event" all the time. Before I even started playing FFVII, I knew what would happen to her.

On a related subject, FFVII is still a great RPG, but it didn't bring much new to the FF table (other than the great materia system) and, IMO, it really didn't age well, unlike the sprite-based games and later installments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2